9 ~ Edward Newgate And Talia

"It's a bird," Buggy said confidently.

"No, it's a cow." Shanks butted in.

"Bird."

"Cow."

"You idiots," Eye twitching in annoyance, Mist ripped the paper from her sketch book and tossed it away before jumping off the barrel she was situated on and walking away. Shanks and Buggy snickered before trailing after her, both placing an arm around her neck and ignoring the way she glared at them which was easier said and done with the intimidating shade of yellow her eyes held. Shanks pinched her cheek and pulled at it while Buggy sent him a look as if to ask if he was stupid.

"Aw, c'mon, mist! We're only joking, it's obviously a, uh..." He tried picturing something that it could look like in his mind and Shanks was sure he'd gotten it. "A dog! That's what!"

"It's a cheetah," Mist removed their arms from her shoulder and sighed. Without much hesitation the ash-blonde haired girl flopped onto the hardwood floors of the deck on her back and simply stared up at the sky. It was really pretty, the clouds here were so much different than the ones up there, she could actually see the spaces between clouds and the sun was shining so perfectly, it's light reflecting off of the salty waters they sailed on. 

Eventually the perfect sunlight was blocked by red hair and a red round nose, and Misty found herself frowning at the disturbance of the peace that was built in those sweet small moments of silence.

Shanks and Buggy questioned her but she didn't bother to answer any other questions, mind too occupied thinking of the nightmare she'd had last night. It was different from before, more physical and threatening and that scared her because Talia had never once hurt her and neither had she, her. This dream showed a side of Talia she'd never wanted to see, and till this day Mist refuses to acknowledge this creature as her mother-figure.