9. | 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨 𝘽𝙖𝙡𝙡

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟽

Lyra dragged all her siblings downstairs to the living room where their parents were sitting. The doorbell rang, and they all stood up and walked over to the front door. Lucius and Narcissa stood on each end while the four siblings were stood in the middle of them.

As they greeted all the guests that came in, Ethan and his parents walked in. Cyrus looked at Cassie knowingly and smirked. She rolls her eyes at him and watched as her father greeted them.

"Nathan, Lorraine, nice to see you. How are you?" Lucius asked as he shook Nathan Avery's hand.

"We're wonderful. Thank you for asking. How are you?" he replied.

"We're also wonderful. I'll see you inside" Lucius replied as they walked inside the oak double doors that lead to the ballroom. Cassie smiled at Ethan, and he placed a kiss on her hand, and she hugged him.

"You look beautiful" He whispered in Cassie's ear as he placed a small peck on her cheek, unnoticeably.

"Thank you. You look very handsome" she replied quietly, smiling. Once he walked away, they greeted a few more people and soon enough everyone was inside the ballroom waiting.

"Cassie, darling. Can you please go to the bedrooms and make sure all the doors are locked? Just so no one goes in there, including all four of you" Lucius said eyeing his children. "Use the charm you usually use to lock the quarter's entrance" he continued as he handed his wand to Cassie. She nodded and walked up to the bedroom quarters. She locked all the doors and used the charm her mother had taught her to lock the quarters and went to look over the ballroom.

She leaned over on the walnut balcony with gold-lined black railing to look into the ballroom. She watched in awe as snowflakes fell from nowhere and disappeared as soon as they landed on an invisible border. The hall was filled with roundtables that had white tablecloths covering them, black and silver wooded chairs sitting under them and crystal-clear wine glasses and cups that had gold linings on the brim of them. A number of those tables stood on both sides of the large room as a long royal blue carpet ran through the middle ending at the dance floor. Clear, glass chandeliers covered the detail-carved roof with bright lights. The walls were decorated with floating gold and white candles that helped light up the room and silver and gold garlands that stretched in a line around all the walls. On each corner of the room, were medium sized and barely decorated Christmas trees and at the end of the room, in the middle was an 8-foot-tall Christmas tree, which was obviously the main one.

Lucius was talking to a man as Cassie walked over to the pair and greeted them both and handed her father the wand back and walked away. She walked around for a few minutes trying to find Ethan before Cyrus found her.

"Mother and Father want us to welcome the party and do the welcoming dance now" Cassie nodded and followed him to where she saw her parents and the twins standing in front of the white and gold marble steps that led up to a big white platform with fairy lights that hung on the walls that cornered the platform.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the annual Malfoy Christmas Ball!" Lucius boomed into the microphone as the parents stood next to each other and the siblings stood together; in age order. "I hope you've all had a wonderful night so far. First off, I'd like to thank my beautiful wife" he said as he glanced over at Narcissa and smirked. "For planning this ball every year, and making this plain white ballroom, look like a masterpiece. Next, I would like to say" he paused for a while. "HAVE A GREAT TIME!!" he yelled, and the audience laughed. "but first, I would like my children, to have the first dance" he said once again and walked over to where the four siblings stood.