8. | 𝙂𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟽

As soon as Lyra walked through the dark-oak door that led into her room, she shut it and locked it. She walked over to her bed and dropped her petite figure on the mattress and sighed, thinking about the conversation she had with her sister earlier. Then her mind began to wonder if her mother had heard their conversation. She couldn't bear the thought of that to happen. It would be too hard to explain to her, and she didn't even want anyone to know about it, not even Cassie. She just wanted to be alone with her thoughts and feelings. She eventually began to feel guilty, because if her mother knew, then knowing her, she would feel upset and maybe even a little guilty. Now she began to panic about it and a few tears escaped her eyes. She started to sob silently and uncontrollably. She tried to stop and hold them in, but it was useless. She stood up from the bed and out of instinct, grabbed a pocketknife that was placed in the bottom drawer of her bedside table. She walked back to the bed and tossed the knife on the sheets. She walked over to her walk-in closet and changed into a pair of cerulean blue loose shorts. She walked back to her bed and laid on it. She stared blankly and emotionlessly at the knife that was lying down beside her. She felt the urge to do it so she could distract her inside pain to real pain, but then resisted and as her eyes began to feel heavy from crying, she felt them shut and felt a little bit proud of herself for not doing it, and drifted off into a deep, dreamless slumber.

♧⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞♧

As Narcissa sat with Lucius in his study with a glass of wine in her right hand, she couldn't stop thinking about Lyra as she stared aimlessly out the window that had a view of the Malfoy gardens. Lucius had noticed that she had been silent as he called her name.

"Narcissa, are you there?" He called, trying to get his wife's attention. Her attention drifted from her thoughts and the garden to her husband who was sitting on another seat in front of me.

"Hm? Oh yeah, sorry. What were you saying love?" Narcissa asked as her attention drawled back to the present.

"I was asking if we should tell the kids to start getting ready for the ball. It's supposed to start in three hours" he replied.

"Oh yes, I'll go get the twins and you can get Cyrus and Cassie" she suggested as Lucius nodded his head. She stood up and Lucius followed her towards the door. As she went to turn the doorknob, Lucius put his hand over Narcissa's to stop her from opening it. She looked at him confusedly and he spoke.

"I know you're still worried about Lyra. I'm not sure how to put your thoughts to ease, but remember, we're going to decide what to do after the ball. Okay?" he said trying to reassure his wife. He pulled Narcissa into his embrace and kissed her forehead and whispered, "I love you"

"I love you too" she said as she pulled from the hug and kissed him on the lips for a while before they lost breath. She smiled at him and pecked him one more time before she walked out, heading towards the music room where Draco was. She found him sitting on a chair facing the window and he was strumming to a slow, emotional song with his black guitar that had a white dragon spread across the whole fretboard.

"Draco, darling" Narcissa called, trying to get his attention.

"Yes?" he replied, as he turned around and looked at her as she stood leaning on the doorframe.

"It's time to get ready for the ball. Put the guitar away and get your suit from my room. It's the dark grey one on the very right of the bed" he nodded and stood up, walking towards her room. She walked with him until she reached Lyra's room. When he walked to her room, she turned to face Lyra's door. She knocked on the door and called her name. When there was no reply, she tried to open the door, but it was locked. Wordlessly, she unlocked the door with alohomora and saw Lyra lying on the bed sleeping peacefully. She smiled at the thought of her daughter at peace. She then noticed a black and gold pocketknife lying next to her. She frowned as she levitated it carefully to her hand and put it away in her pocket so she couldn't do anything with it. She felt a tear drop down my cheek, and quickly wiped it away. She walked over to the side of her bed and sat on the loveseat and picked up a book that was placed on her bedside table. As she rolled over to face her mother, she watched as the right side of her shorts lift up a little bit. She could see the scars that were left on her thighs. She saw one that looked recent and had just dried up a few days ago and she felt the need to go up to her and just hold her tight and get rid of her pain, but she knew she couldn't. Instead, she walked up to the bed and sat down at the end of her feet and began healing her scars as she silently slept. Once Narcissa finished, Lyra was smiling brightly and there were only two scars visibly left, as they were cut deep into the skin, and she couldn't get rid of them. She went and sat back down and watched her hurting daughter sleep like she was the happiest girl in the world.