36. A nasty motherfucker

Taylor

"Abezethibou.... what am I doing here?" I clear my throat, trying to get rid of the painful lump stuck there. There's zilch in the large room he's taken me to that'd indicate where we are- so I try, really try not to hyperventilate.

"You're a smart woman." He chuckles. "You can figure it out."

The fuck?

FIGURE IT OUT?!

MOTHERFUCKER YOU KIDNAPPED ME!!!

My face crinkles in disbelief. He can't expect me to think clearly right now, not after what I saw...... oh.

"You caused that crash." I say, nausea joining the lump. "You...."

"It's amazing how fast humans swerve their cars when other 'humans'-" He leans closer to my ear. I cringe away, his breath hot and uncomfortable on my skin. "stand in front of them."

I collapse, not caring about the mold coating the floor or anything else, with one though slamming into me over and over again: I did this. If I'd just kept my shit together when Kaden cheated on me, I wouldn't have caught the attention of celestial beings, and I probably would've been able to live out my life as a human. She'd still be fucking alive. I did this, nobody but me.

Abezethibou wraps his singular wing around my waist, pulling me closer. I try to pull away but his grip is too strong and I don't have it in me to search for some new gift right now. A single tear slips from the corner of my left eye.

"Why?" I ask, my voice coming out in choked sobs. "Why would you d-do something like that? Y-you've been loyal to Lucifer f-f-for thousands of years."

"That's precisely the issue." He squeezes me tighter. "Lucifer always gets everything. I know he complains about it- but can you imagine being gifted your own realm to rule over as a reward for rebelling? Now don't get me wrong- I was 100% with him in the beginning. Free will is absolutely paramount. The thing about it is that it's allowed humans to write all sorts of stories about him and forget the vital role that I played in the rebellion. So, my dear- why am I doing this?"

"You're a jealous asshole with no respect for authority who would rather blame a kind man for the loss of your second wing than accept that you were a willing participant in the war." I grit my teeth. "Who gives a shit about what humans think or how many know your name? Humans stories have tormented him for thousands of years, made him out to be something he's not. You wouldn't want that. Nobody would. And gifted? Fuck, you should know better. You've lived there thousands of years longer than I've been alive. That place is not a gift."

"That is where you'd be wrong-" He whispers in my ear. "Power is always a gift. It doesn't matter where or how- whether it's in heaven or hell. With power you can command beings who would otherwise be your peers, and right now- you are the only thing he cares about. He's forgotten how to appreciate the rest of us."

"Fine. Let's say you're right about everything- you still haven't answered my question. Why have you brought me here?"

"Some things just can't be done on the streets of New York without raising some eyebrows." He says, his lips dangerously close to my neck. "I want Lucifer to remember what happened the last time he grew attached to a human. But I also want him to see your dead body in an unimaginable state and beat himself up over not getting to you in time."

"You...Y-you...."

"And I'm gonna give you the chance to consent sweetheart, because I honestly don't wanna find out what happens to angels who fall from hell." He chuckles. "Though, since I'm being honest- I don't care if you say yes or not."

I jerk away harder as he grips onto my waist with one hand, the other slipping below the hem of my pants.

"L...Luci.... LUCIFFFEERRRR!" I scream. Suddenly, Abezethibou's screaming too, clutching the sides of his head. He stumbles away from me and falls over, his entire body spasming. I forget to run, too stunned to move.

  "What THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!! STOP!!"

  I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. I don't have the tingles, but there is something surging through me... a new gift?

  When I stare at him, curled in a ball on the floor- his screaming intensifies. I climb on top of him, pinning his arms down with my legs so I can pry his eyes open. I do, and I force him into eye contact. I still don't understand it, but I'm pushing something from my body to his- a physical pain of sorts.

  Shit. I DID do that.

  I release him and inch backwards. I don't want to push myself too hard... but it can't hurt. I try using the same formula- only this time it's not pain, it's knowledge of my location and I reach much further out until I feel like Lucifer and Michael have gotten the message.

A breeze passes through the room, then Abezethibou and I are no longer alone. It worked. It fucking worked. The thought brings tears to my eyes.

The fact that literally everybody is here - from Gabriel to a redhead I don't recognize but have a pretty good guess of who she is- causes those tears to stream down my face.

So many things happen at once that I can't begin to process them all. Michael, having teleported the closest- leans down next to me. I let him pull me into a hug and cry into his chest, overwhelmed. When his wings wrap around me I don't feel trapped or assaulted, I feel protected. A few yards away- abezethibou screams again.

Then Lucifer's yelling at him so loud, so fast I don't understand a word. He kicks him over and over again while he's still recovering from the pain I caused, and Michael tried telling me not to look- which I roll my eyes at. I stand up, shaking him off.

"Let me." I say, grabbing Lucifer's hand as he's about to punch him in the throat.

"I don't think that's such a good-"

  I ignore him and bring my foot back to kick the shit out of abezethibou. I immediately regret it. A searing pain shoots from my toe to knee; I can't help but wonder how many bones I broke.

  "Oh for fucks sake-" Lucifer swears under his breath. "Take care of that, will you? I have him to attend to."

  "Of course, brother." Michael hardly makes eye contact before scooping me up and the whole conversation feels off.

How could Lucifer be so casual? I broke multiple bones- at least it feels like I did- kicking someone.

  "How did... Mhmn-" I clench my teeth, doing my best to ignore the pain. "Why did that... I was fine when we...."

  "I exercised every bit of self control I had, Princess." He looks down. "He is unfortunately a full blooded Angel with the physical strength of one and your... gifts are.... becoming a bit too strong for a human body to handle. Whatever you just did to him, I might request that you do it again in a torture chamber."

  I glance over to where Abezethibou is still writhing in pain and am reminded of my own.

  "Yeah... just... right now I need to be in a human hospital." I shift, taking the pressure off my leg while still in Michael's arms.

  "Very well-" The archangels, Michael being the only exception- leave immediately upon hearing those words. Assholes. "I'll come see you as soon as his torture chamber's set up- promise. I lo... I hope that.. it won't take me too long. Goodbye, Taylor."

  "Goodbye..... Lucifer."