34. A Visitor

Lucifer

  I sink into the boiling water and watch it turn red. She was afraid of me. Genuinely fucking afraid. She tried not to be... but she was.

  I don't know which is worse: her fear or my cowardliness. I should go to her, wrap my arms around her and show her why she doesn't need to be afraid, but the strong possibility of her still being terrified terrifies me.

  I close my eyes and start scrubbing at the dried blood on my chest. Baths are a simple thing, but for me- they've become so repetitive I'd rather be doing literally anything else.

Because of my....activities, they typically take a while too. You'd be surprised at the places you can find blood after a torture session.

I drag the washcloth behind my ears and watch as it comes away an even deeper red. I toss it aside and grab a clean one for my legs. They aren't as bad, with most of it dissolved in the water- but it brings me peace of mind to know all of it's gone. I end with scrubbing between my toes and draining the bath only to draw another boiling one. I stay like this for over an hour, blocking out all thoughts. Then my washroom door opens- and I roll my eyes.

"What?" I call out. "I'm busy here."

"Doing what exactly?" No boundaries, Obyzouth sinks into my bath water naked. I avert my gaze.

"Nothing that concerns you."

"Oh come on Lucifer, don't be so frigid. You've been stuck with us for thousands of years and you will be until the end of time. What's wrong?" She asks, a hand over mine. I pull it away almost immediately.

"I am fine." I shrug, because I am. I'm not in physical pain and neither are the people I care about.

"Bullshit." She coughs, looking me up and down through the crystal clear water. "If you're actually fine, you wouldn't mind if I did this-"

She dives underwater headfirst, hand and mouth heading straight for my cock. I remain softer than a fur blanket as I aggressively shove her away.

"Told you so!" She exclaims, satisfied. "You must love her."

"I love nobody." I say, monotoned. Obyzouth doesn't buy it for even a second.

"Oh come on that's getting old. If you didn't love her we'd be fucking right now."

"You ever think I just might not be in the mood?"

"That's the thing- you always were before she came around. I'm not judging.... I was in love once too." She shifts, Anabelle's memory making her uncomfortable. "But Lucifer.... When are you going to admit being away from her isn't good for either of you?"

"It... doesn't matter." I shrug. "I still have a job to do here."

I get out of the tub, paying no attention to where water drips. I figured out a few thousand years ago it evaporates in minutes because of the heat. I grab underwear and a pair of shorts from my seemingly endless closet, slip into them and extend my wings.

Bro... stop being dumb. JUST TELL HER.

I don't know if I can handle her looking at me the way she did again. It's not the being afraid of me part that got me. I'm used to that- It was HER. I tell myself it'll be better to let her come to me in her own time.

I shake my head, telling myself I have a job to do. The same one I've had for quite a while now- and one that's always helped take my mind off things. Tag-teaming someone with Lilith has always made it more entertaining, so I fly straight out to the balcony and head towards the torture chambers. I search for Lilith's presence, finding her in the front next to a newer one. I land next to her and she doesn't startle. I've forgotten how normal that feels; being able to use my gifts without frightening the person.