22. Revelations

Lucifer

  I still feel her lips on my cock, see her expressions as she let herself go three times- while I'm leaving. I immediately regret my decision to follow my dad's orders. I want to teleport back to her, pick her up and pin her against the wall of her best friend's living room- but I'm outside the main gate before I can reverse course. I spend a moment just staring up at it, in awe of the free-movement concept most of hell's souls don't get. There is a fence surrounding heaven, but not the type that makes you feel trapped. It's mostly for looks, made out of solid gold with intricate patterns. Souls and angels freely walk back and forth out of the gate, some on their way to visit loved ones, some just taking their first ventures out.

  And the greenery- my god it's gotten so much more diverse in the past six thousand years. I'll have to admit: I like my father's evolution-based creations a lot more than the original strains and species.

  It feels odd, being here without being sent away immediately. A few of my "brothers" and "sisters" near the gates stop, giving me strange looks- but none have the guts to say something to me. My father continued creating angels for a while after I was cast out, so the ones I haven't fought only know about me from the stories they're told. I can't blame the younger angels for being afraid any more than I can Taylor when we first met.

It's going to be different this time. I won't survive if it isn't.

  "Lucifer."

  A voice just behind me says, sending a shiver up my spine.

  There is only one person in all of history I hate more than him; my father. They're so much alike and my father has refused to see it. According to Michael, his exact words when he brought up concern over Gabriel being an archangel was: "You are no better than him. Each of my children have sinned and those who ask for forgiveness will always get it- even him."

  I have always refused to ask. I always will.

  "Gabriel." I say, my voice cold. "It's a shame you haven't figured out a way to die yet."

"Not now, Lucifer." He shakes his head. "There's something you need to see."

For once, there isn't a hint of hostility in his voice. He reads the look of confusion on my face and gestures for me to follow him. Ordinarily I'd flip him off or punch him with one of my wings, but because of his kindness I just stand there looking at him.

"Shall we fly?" Gabriel asks. "Since.... you haven't been here in so long. A lot's changed."

I just nod, distracted by the hushed whispers around us. Now that I think about it, I didn't get nearly as many stares as I expected. Like they're all distracted by something.....

  Fuck.

  A sinking feeling hits me as I extend my wings, nearly hitting a few souls. If what I think is happening is really happening, it can only mean one thing- and that thing is terrifying to everybody. Terrifying because we know dad won't do anything to stop it....

Fucking prick.

  Gabriel launches into the sky over heaven first,  already at what would be cloud height on most earths before I follow. When I look down, I can see what he was talking about. Heaven is ever expanding, so with how many people have died these past six thousand years- it's gotten fucking huge. From this high I can only see the tree tops and clearings, but I can picture the plant life hiding beneath it and the beautiful trails designed for those who loved nature in their human lives. About a mile to the east side of the castle, there's a neighborhood of every type and size of house imaginable- I picture them being personalized to an individual.