•14•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 3 ~ Wʜᴀᴛ Lɪᴇs Bᴇɴᴇᴀᴛʜ

★ ★ ★

Later on, Alisha and Maryse are laughing at the dinner table whilst Alec watches with a shocked and confused face, surprised at how well this dinner is going. Alec and Alisha sit side by side whilst Maryse sits opposite them. They all have empty plates in front of them and glasses filled with alcohol. The hybrid is currently telling a story about one of her many werewolf stories. She takes advantage of how embracing the Lightwood mother is with her downworld side.

"Seriously, I was running around the woods pitch black at night with my brothers beside me in our wolf forms struggling to turn back. We were so desperate we started trying to run around on two legs instead of four. It was hilarious!" Maryse and Alisha laugh at the story whilst Alec smiles brightly at how well they are getting along. There's a few moments of silence whilst Maryse drinks from her glass.

"Well, you do know how to host." She smiles at the hybrid who blushes slightly, shaking her head.

"Oh, please." She says whilst patting her boyfriends thigh gently. "Tonight was all Alec." The Lightwood in question smiles at his girlfriend making her mimic his actions.

"Really?" She questions, surprised. "That stew was incredible. Who knew you could cook?"

"I've made that for you before." Alec comments and the hybrid looks away for a second.

"Oh, how could I forget?" Maryse says with a smile, turning to Alisha. "Alec and Isabelle made this for me when they were little kids. To see the looks on their faces when they brought it to me. It still warms my heart. But that stew, I still have nightmares."

"I thought you loved that stew." Alec states with a confused tone.

"Oh, I do now. Whatever you've done to the recipe, it's unrecognizable." Maryse gestures the empty bowl in front of her. Alec looks over at Alisha, an eyebrow raised at her. She quickly looks at the table, away from his gaze.

"Would anyone care for a digestif?" Alisha questions, making Alec smile slightly.

"No, thank you. I'm probably embarrassing Alec as it is." Maryse smiles, taking another sip of her drink.

"Oh, we're just happy to see you in such good spirits." Alisha smiles.

"We thought you might be upset, what with the divorce and everything." Alec adds on after seeing his mother's confused gaze.