•2•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 1 ~ Oɴ Iɴғᴇʀɴᴀʟ Gʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

★ ★ ★

As soon as they all got back to New York, Alisha wasted no time in going to see Magnus, knowing that he was dealing with the punishment of his statement that all the warlocks would aid the Seelies. She walks in, without knocking, and immediately goes to the living room. As she walks in, a woman walks past her. The pair nod at each other as they catch eye contact.

"Who was that Mags?" Alisha asks whilst hugging the warlock she loves dearly.

"Stella Woods, a longtime client and the lead in Wicked. She lost her voice. A touch of ground ox claw, some calcified lizard's feet, and she's back on the bill." Magnus says as he goes over to a desk.

"It's been a long time since I've seen you with a client." The hybrid states with a small smile.

"Yes, well, it's frowned upon when you're the High Warlock. Potential conflicts of interest and such. But since I've been dismissed, I'm free to see whomever I want." Magnus states and Alisha stands still, her mouth agape.

"What?" She questions. "Your not the high warlock anymore?"

"While you were in Idris, the decision was made that I shouldn't be the high warlock anymore."

"Mags..." she trails off with a sad time. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. I'm not upset. I'm actually elated." He states and Alisha raises an eyebrow. "Shouldering the burden of all the warlocks in Brooklyn, it gets exhausting."

"I understand." Alisha says with a small frown. "I just thought this was important to you." She watches as Magnus begins to pour a drink for himself and her.

"What's important to me is I can start seeing clients again. Help them achieve their dream, and make a lot of money doing it. Mmm." He says whilst sitting down on the sofa. "So, how was Alicante?" The hybrid notices how he's trying to change the topic so she nods, sitting down beside him with the cocktail he made her.

"It was good," she says. "Jace and I went to our mother and fathers grave. Alicante is a beautiful place, like nothing I've ever seen before."

"That's good." He states, watching the girl carefully. "But what's got you all upset."

"I'm not upset." She comments. Magnus turns to her with a knowing look making her frown. "Alec may be moving to Idris."

"What? Why?" The warlock asks, placing his drink on the table whilst Alisha takes a large gulp of hers.

"He's been offered a job, meaning he's move there permanently." She states and begins to ramble. "I'm happy for him, but it's so far away."

"Why don't you move with him. Your part shadowhunter meaning your allowed to live in Idris. Plus you'd see your brothers more often." Magnus says but frowns when Alisha shakes her head.