•4•

Merry Christmas everyone 🎄 xx

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 1 ~ Oɴ Iɴғᴇʀɴᴀʟ Gʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

★ ★ ★

Later on, Alisha, Luke and Clary walk through a park, surveilling the area for any demons. The hybrid stands beside her alpha whilst Clary stands on the other side of him. They walk past multiple mundanes, not glamoured thinking it'd be even more suspicious that a man was talking to himself whilst walking alone.

"You know, I'm proud of you, kiddo. It's not every day you get your angelic rune." Luke smiles to the red head. Alisha nods her head, agreeing with the werewolf beside her. "You pick your weapons yet?"

"Yeah." Clary takes out one of her two daggers making Luke's face scrunch up immediately. "What is it?" Clary questions making Alisha look over quickly.

"That was your father's dagger." Luke says sadly making the hybrids eyebrows shoot up in surprise.

"What?" Clary says, equally as shocked as Alisha.

"You didn't know?" Luke frowns and Clary shakes her head quickly.

"I had no idea. I..." she holds up the other dagger. "I chose this one, too."

"You don't choose the blades. The blades choose you." Luke states and then looks closer at the dagger. He smiles slightly. "That one was Jocelyn's."

"What?" Clary asks whilst Alisha smiles slightly just like Luke does.

"They're both part of you, kiddo. The light and the dark. Whether you like it or not." He pauses for a second. "You know, if your mother could see you now, all that you've done..."

"She'd be so proud Ree." Alisha smiles, finishing off the werewolf's sentence.

"Luke, Alisha... I have to tell you both something." Clary comments making both wolves look at her worriedly.

"What is it?" Luke questions just as his phone begins vibrating. They all look at the ringing phone.

"You should take it." Cory says but Luke shakes his head.

"No, it's all right." He states but Clary shakes her head.

"It's fine. Really." Clary says as she musters up a small smile which they can all tell is fake. Luke sighs but nods before walking away and answering the phone. Alisha turns to Clary.

"Are you alright Red?" She questions the Fairchild who looks at the hybrid.

"Yeah," she smiles. "I'm fine." Although she isn't convinced, the Herondale nods as they stand in silence before Luke comes rushing back.

"We need to go." As he sees the girls about to say something he quickly adds. "Now. I'll explain on the way."

Two wolves run side by side as they enter an empty market hall where Ollies scent leads them. The white wolf stands directly beside the black wolf. The two suddenly hear multiple gunshots coming from further in the hall. Luke, being the bigger of the two wolves, rushes ahead with Alisha hot on his tail. As soon as they reach Ollie and the possessed mundane, Tim Dempsey, they see him smiling whilst stalking towards Ollie who is still shooting him. The bullets are doing nothing to stop the possessed mundane making Ollie step back slightly. Just before he gets within reaching distance of Ollie, Luke comes running in with a menacing growl. He runs and pounces on Tim whilst Alisha rushes towards Ollie whose standing at a glass counter. She stands in front of her, ready to protect the officer. Ollie steps back, scared of the wolf in front of her but once she isn't mauled to death, she focuses on the black wolf whose attacking the possessed mundane. Suddenly, TimIt jumps onto Tim, pushes the wolf off of him and keeps him on the ground. Alisha goes to step forwards but Luke's warning growl makes her stay protecting Ollie. The officer steps forwards slightly, placing her gun lower down. As she steps forward again, Alisha pushes her back gently with her head. They stand watching as Tim places his hand around Luke's throat and lifts him off the air. The alpha growls and snarls at the mundane but is actually useless. Luke's paws flail around in the air as he loses air. Alisha growls, not noticing how Ollie has moved away from behind her and towards the two. Tim suddenly turns around and hits Ollie hard across her head which makes her fly against a window and smashing it. Alisha hears her alphas pained whines making her leap into action. She growls loudly and runs at Tim. Getting ready to attack the wolf running towards him, Alisha surprises him by dodging him and running around him. She barks from behind him, snarling whilst standing up straight in attempt to scare the demon inside Tim. He smirks evilly and steps towards the wolf. Before he can grab her, a dagger is thrown into his head. Alisha turns to see Clary standing there. Tim's body bends backwards and he growls at the red head. He pulls the dagger out, and his head turns 180 degrees. Alisha steps back slightly, scared of whatever is in front of her. With his crooked body, he charges for Clary slowly. Clary throws her other dagger, but Tim catches it and throws it to the floor. Alisha growls and pounces at the demons foot, biting it harshly and pulling him back. Tim winces out in pain letting Clary draw a rune onto her hand. The possessed mundane lifts his leg up making Alisha fly forwards and land beside Clary. She looks up to see Clary concentrating on the rune of her hand. She pounces again and bites into Tim's shoulder.

"Alisha!" Clary warns. The white wolf let's go of Tim and runs back to Clary, standing behind her. Black demon blood covers her teeth as she stands snarling at the scene in front of her. They watch as a demon comes flying out of Tim's body. The wolf winces, visibly uncomfortable. Clary shoots sunlight towards the demon but it manages to get free and fly away.  Alisha attempts to catch it with her teeth but the demon flies away from the wolf before she can attempt to kill it. The demon charges at the Herondale wolf, not giving her any time to defend herself, and lifts her throwing her into a wall and away fro the fight. A pained whine emits the wolf as she makes contact with the wall. She feels her ribs break as she falls down. She makes a distressed whine, making Clary quickly draw another rune and turns to blast the demon with sunlight. It dodges her attack so she tries another time but, once again, the demon is too quick.

"Where the hell are you?" Clary spits loudly. The demon growls as it stops flying around. "You want me? Come and get me!" Clary starts running towards the demon as it charges for her too. The red head slides onto the ground whilst drawing a rune on her hand. The demon flies over her and she quickly blasts sunlight out of her hand and into the demon. It screeches out in pain as it dissolves into orange and black ashes. Luke, now in his human form, runs up to a now unconscious Alisha, who is also in her human form. He searches for her stele which he finds in her leather jackets pocket. He activates her iratze making her gasp awake. The alpha nods at her, asking if she's okay making her respond with a nod and a smile. Making sure her ribs are now healed, she then jumps up as the two run up to Ollie who is still unconscious. Clary quickly grabs her daggers from the ground. Alisha checks the officer for a pulse and nods at her alpha when she finds it.

"Is she okay?" Clary gasps, still gaining her breath from the fight she handled just moments ago.

"Yeah, she's fine." Luke says, glancing at his partner. He then turns to Clary with a smile. "Nice work." She smiles at the pair. "I guess those blades aren't your signature weapon, after all." He states, referring to the runes the Fairchild can create.