Forget me not chapter 9

Hii sorry I haven't uploaded in agess i have exams going on at the moment... Anyway here's the next chapter sorry if it's rubbish :/ I hope you'll vote and comment :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness. Pure silence. Is this what it feels like to be unconcious? Why can I feel it? Something isn't right.

"She's moving!" I heard a familiar voice shout but it was faded: Jack. Suddenly one of my eye lids were forced open as a beam of light hit my pupils violently.

"She's awake, Zoe can you hear me?" a lady asked. Who is that? And why is she shouting like i'm deaf?!

"Why are you shouting? You're hurting my head" I managed to say quietly. Opening both eyelids now, I realised i'm on my bed. The safety of my room covering me letting a smile form on my face.

"Alex?" I called for him. With the sound of his name I recalled what happened before I collapsed. The moaning, the sound of another girl! I can feel my smile fading. "Alex??" why does my voice sound paniced? Am I panicing?

"Shh it's okay Zoe, Alex isn't here yet he's on his way from work" Jack comforted me. Wait a sec... Alex is still at work? That means that...

"EW it was you!" I yelled whilst trying to hit Jack with my hand. This failed obviously.

"What?" he replied confused. I looked around my room and noticed a girl sitting on the sofa next to my window. She was staring at me.

"Jack who's that?" I whispered although I knew it was the girl who was with him.

"That's Lolita, my girlfriend" he smiled happily. What?? His girlfriend? Jack's never mentioned her before! Why was he looking so happy?

"Aw is my big brother finally hooked" I laughed weakly. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Hey Lolly, come meet my sister" he motioned for her to sit next to him on the chair next to my bed. "Zoe this is Lolita my girlfriend, Lolly this is Zoe my sister" he introduced us.

"Hey how are you feeling?" she asked sounding genuinely worried.

"Much better thanks" I replied. I have a feeling i'm going to like her.

"Mr. Cruz can I have a word?" I heard that same lady say. My head darted upwards trying to see who that was. Finally I saw her. It's the paramedic. I wonder what she's saying to Jack about me.

"I'll walk you to the door" I heard Jack say to her. This of course left me alone with Lolita. She's really pretty. Long wavy brown hair, green cat-like eyes. Well I say green but her eyes look like they can't decide what colour they want to be. It changes between green, blue and grey.

"It's nice to finally meet you Zoe, Jack didn't want to introduce me straight away he was worried that we might not get along" she started. Really? Why would Jack worry about that?

"I don't know what would give him that idea Lolita you seem like a really nice person" I replied with a genuine smile. Just then someone rushes into the room. Alex.

"Baby are you okay? What happened?" he quickly darted towards me and cupped my head in his hands.

"I'm okay I just fainted that's all" I began but his eyes were now focussed on Lolita.

"Hey Alex" she greeted.

"Hi" he replied coldly and returned his gaze at me. What was that? They know each other. Not only that, i could practically cut the tension with a knife.

"How do you guys know each other?" I asked. But both of them seemed uncomforted by that question.

"We just do" Alex finally replied.

"Oh come on Alex, it was such a long time ago I think it's only fair that you tell your girlfriend" she laughed as if trying to lift the tension.

"Tell me what?" I'm getting really impatient now.

"Zoe, me and Alex were doing the whole friends with benefits thing a while back" she said somewhat nervously.

"Oh" was all I managaed to say. With that, Jack walked back into the room nodding towards Alex to greet him.

"Zoe the paramedic says you need a full check up tomorrow, she's already booked you an appointment at the hospital I'll take you."

"No it's fine I'll take her" Alex replied and kissed my forehead. Why do I get the feeling that he feels guilty?

***

"So Zoe, are you feeling any better since the incident yesterday?" Dr. Armstrong asked. I liked him. He was really gentle and understanding.

"Yeh a lot better" I smiled at him. Alex was holding my hand in both of his and held it close to his lips.

"Okay we'll just do a quick x-Ray to make sure nothing is broken or fractured" His eyes glanced at Alex for a split-second and then back to me. That was weird.

10 mins later...

"Zoe you may want some privacy there's something we need to inform you on" Dr. Armstrong said, he seemed to be at unease.

"Its okay you can say it in front of Alex" I replied.

"Very well. We can't take an x-Ray of your body I'm afraid."

"Why not?" I asked genuinely curious although Alex held his head in his hands as if knowing the answer already.

"I have the results of the tests we did yesterday after your collapse. It says here that you're pregnant" he casually stated.

"Er you what?"

"You're pregnant Zoe"

I stared at my stomach and without realising, I formed the biggest smile on my face. I'm going to be a mum! I quickly turned to smile at Alex but was shocked to see his jaw clenched.

"Alex...?" I started when he interrupted me.

"I'll be in the car".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please vote and comment! :) thank you for reading