Chapter 26

It's been a week since I told Yeji about the Jinyoung incident and she has been nothing but caring and protective over me. She has been doing so much that, in my mind, I have already forgiven her.

Although, we haven't spoken about my feelings for her. And, frankly, I was okay with avoiding that topic. It was better if things were just left unsaid. She knows about my feelings and I'm no longer hiding it.

I guess I'm okay?

The other girls seem absolutely relieved that Yeji and I are finally acknowledging each other as well.

Jisu came into my room one night and just ugly sobbed saying how happy she was that things were returning back to normal. And the whole time I was just awkwardly patting her back, trying not to cringe when her snot would land on my shoulder as we hugged.

Jinyoung hasn't shown up and I have felt absolutely grateful. I don't think my heart could take seeing him again. And I refuse to tell my mother. I don't want her reliving the heartbreak she felt when he left us.

............

"I swear Dallie, you already ate your dinner so I don't understand why you're still begging for food at 2 in the freaking morning!" I angrily whisper to Leo while holding him in my arms.

It was currently around 2 am and my cat was suddenly crying a river just to get my attention.

I was walking down the hall when I suddenly heard a frustrated, strained voice being made in Yeji's room. I look down at Dallie and he was also staring at the door. He turned to me and softly meowed before hopping off my arm and going towards the kitchen.

Tsk. That brat.

I look back over to Yeji's door and cautiously and quietly took steps forwards until my ear was pressed against her door. My eyes widen slightly hearing her angrily speaking into her phone.

"Yeonjun you need to relax! I can't always contact you whenever I'm free!" Yeji hisses out in an angry whisper. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and tried to press my ear closer to the door.

"It's 2 in the morning and you bombarded me with multiple text messages! Can't you see you're being extremely clingy?! Wh— are you serious right now?!" She says, venom laced into her tone causing goosebumps to rise on my skin.

She could be pretty scary for a tiny girl.

"You did not just say that! You know what Yeonjun? You could just shove your ego up your—" feeling quite uncomfortable to be ease dropping, I swiftly pushed myself off the door and left, not wanting to hear the rest of Yeji's threat.

Number one rule Yeonjun, don't mess with a fuming kitten.

I'll pray for your soul.

.........

The next day all of us, besides Yeji, were in the living room watching a movie. I was laying on my side on the floor while Ryeong and Jisu were seated next to each other on the couch, a little too close I might add.

I rolled my eyes and internally gagged hearing them giggling and whispering to each other like a couple on their honeymoon.

"Can you two lovers shut up! I'm trying to watch the movie." I tease. They both suddenly flinched and separated slightly while sending me a glare.

Whoops.

I sent them teasing winks and a flying kiss before turning my attention back to the tv.

Dense children.

Hearing a door slam shut however caused all of us to flinch in surprise and turn towards the sound of Yeji angrily, and cutely, stomping her way in the living room. I sit up an lean my back against the couch and stared at her puzzled.