Chapter 7

I've been pretty much out of it this whole day. I was just exhausted from last night. Beomgyu and I forgot about the time and he ended up dropping me off around 5 in the morning. And since I had my solo practice first before the other dances, I had to wake up earlier than the others. So, I only had 2 hours of sleep and it was definitely noticeable to the girls and my instructor.

"Ryujin get it together! You're never like this in rehearsals!" The instructor scolds causing me to huff and brush my fingers through my sweaty hair.

"I'm sorry I just couldn't sleep." I breathlessly say as I began to fan myself with my hand. The instructor lets out a breath before grabbing her bottle.

"I'll call the girls in. Looks like you're not ready to learn your dance today." She sternly says with a hint of disappointment and walks out the door. I flinch as she slams the door shut causing the walls to shake. I groan and throw my water against the wall before grabbing my hair in frustration.

"Damn it!" I yell out. I look ahead and began to narrow my eyes towards my sweaty figure through the mirror. My eye bags were very much displayed to the public eye and my hair was attached to the sweat on my neck. I rub my face and huffed in annoyance before rolling my head and shoulders.

"Get your shit together." I mutter to myself before marching towards the computer and hitting the play button. I rush to the middle of the dance floor and sat myself down. I slowly closed my eyes and took a deep breath before sensually moving to the beat.

As soon as the music started playing I suddenly felt in control of my body and mind. I felt myself losing to rhythm of the beat. It was as if everything that was currently happening was slowly vanishing and it was just me and the music.

I was so absorbed to my dance that I had yet to notice the door opening and closing with multiple faint footsteps entering the room. But the presence of the people didn't faze me one bit.

As I continued to keep my eyes closed and roll my body while gliding my hands down my chest, I felt the corners of my lips rise into smirk as I heard whistling and clapping from behind me.

I wasn't able to learn the swalla dance yet but I was getting there. So, as soon as the music ended I dropped to the floor panting heavily while having a smile drawn onto my lips as I felt relieved for finally finishing the dance without making a mistake. I turn my head to side and flutter my eyes open seeing Jisu and Chaeryeong clapping excitedly with Yeji smiling gently towards me with a hint of sadness in her sharp eyes.

"Such beauty such grace!" Jisu praises. I shake my head and breathlessly chuckle while fanning my face that was dripping with sweat.

"Stop it you." I tease. Chaeryeong laughs and adds.

"You're crazy talented Ryujin!" She compliments causing me to cover my face as I felt a blush creeping in. I flinch in surprise hearing the instructor speak, I didn't even notice her.

"That was perfect! You finally got your act together! And tomorrow I'll teach you the swalla part." I smile tiredly and nod. Jisu and Ryeong quickly began to make their way to the instructor to ask questions for one of our dances while I continued to lay there in silence, trying to steady my heavy breathing.

"Here's a towel." I peek open one eye to see Yeji averting her eyes away from me while handing me a face towel from above my head. I slowly sit up and hesitantly accept it while keeping my gaze down.

"Thanks." I mumble out before taking it and standing up. She nods her head and continues to stare down at her shoes as I began to wipe the sweat off my face. I held in a scream as another awkward atmosphere surrounded us for the second time this week.

God this is awkward.

"I'm just going to practice again." I mumble, as I swiftly turned away towards the laptop, not waiting for her reply. I glance at the mirror and quickly looked away seeing her watching me leave with a broken expression. It seemed that I wasn't the only who had no sleep. But the moment I pressed play, I tuned out everything around me and slowly numbed out the pain.

.................

"Ryujin I swear if you don't put my baby down I will snap every bone in your body!" I squeal and quickly sprinted away with Bella in my arms while laughing hysterically. Jisu has been pestering me about how fat Dallie was getting so I did what the only thing that was in my mind. Stealing her precious baby and threatening to dye his fur. Jisu groans and began to chase after me.

"If you really think about it Lia, since you're already the visual of our group, why not make Bella the pet visual for ITZY?" I yell out breathlessly as she continued to chase me around the dining table, with Chaeryeong eating peppers and kimchi fried rice while watching us in amusement in the middle of us.

"If you dye her hair I will shave your cat!" She threatens causing me to freeze and widen my eyes in terror.

"You wouldn't!" She narrows her eyes and smirks.

"Oh, I will." She challenges. I gasp and slowly place the dog down before raising my hands in surrender.

"Let's not be too hasty now, okay?" I cautiously say while taking steady steps towards the exit. Jisu slowly follows me with a dangerous smirk plastered on her lips with Bella growling towards me in her arms. I gulp nervously and began to back away.

"Listen Jisu Unnie, you seem like a kind girl, you wouldn't hurt little o'l me would you?" I nervously ask. Chaeryeong shakes her and chuckles.

"Better run Ryu." I look back at Jisu before smiling nervously and without waiting for another moment, I quickly turn away and sprint towards my room.

"Yah! Ryujin-yah! Get back here!" I hear her yell out before slamming my door and locking it. I chuckle as I lean my back against the door and shake my head.

"And she's known as the visual?" I whisper before flopping myself on my bed and exhaling in exhaustion. I slowly flutter my eyes close as I suddenly became extremely drowsy and felt my body softening as I was nearing unconsciousness. But, before I could enter my dream state a soft knock was made. I groan.

"Once again I'm sorry for threatening to dye your dog's hair! Now go away I'm trying to sleep!" I sluggishly yell out. I smile in content as there was a relative silence but furrowed my eyebrows as I heard the knocking sound once more. I huff in annoyance and hastily crawl off my bed and marched right towards the door, uttering incoherent words under my breath. With narrowed eyes I swiftly open the door.

"Jisu I said I wa-...what're you doing here?" I was immediately met with the sight of Yeji staring at me nervously as she bit her bottom lip.

Ignoring the thumping sound that was created from seeing her teeth pinch the lips that I wanted to feel, I continue to stare at her puzzled. Yeji fidgets in her stance as she began to fiddle with her fingers nervously.

"Can we..can we talk?" She whispers. I stare at her for moment and felt the ache being created in my chest as her harsh words began to replay in my head. I let out a breath and stare at her full of hesitance.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I whisper, causing the pain in her eyes to increase and water slightly. I swiftly averted my eyes to the ground, I couldn't bear to see the pain that I was causing her. She takes a step closer and lightly grazes her fingertips on my wrist, producing goosebumps to rise on my skin and my breath to hitch in my throat.

"Ryujin." She whispers. I slowly raise my gaze to lock with hers and felt a frown being drawn onto my lips at the sight of her pained and broken expression. I sigh and place a strand of my hair behind my ear nervously.

"I don't know.." I drag out and was about to back away but she quickly snatched my wrist. I look up at her and felt my heart hammering against my chest as I noticed the lack of space between our bodies. Yeji squeezes my wrist slightly and pleads ever so softly with her voice breaking.

"Please."