Chapter 4

After dinner we decided to call it night since we had rehearsals around 11 am today and it was already 3am and I was pretty much exhausted. The things you do for the person you're in love with.

The boys walked us up to the front of door and I quickly turned away when I saw Yeonjun lean down to kiss Yeji good night. I look towards Beomgyu who looked at them with disgust while playfully rolling his eyes towards me causing me to giggle slightly. He really knew how to make me forget about the pain for a while.

"I had a great time getting to know you more Ryujin." I smile and nod my head,

"I did too." We stood there in relative silence before he took his phone out and handed it to me.

"Can we exchange numbers?" He shyly asks causing me to smile wide and nod my head.

"Sure!" I grab his phone while handing him mine and began to type my number but I had grown an unnerving feeling stirring inside me as I felt another pair of feline eyes staring me down. I quickly masked my discomfort as I smiled up at Beomgyu and handed his phone back to him. He smiles widely.

"I promise to text you." He says. I chuckle and nod my head.

"I'll be looking forward to it." And I was honestly being sincere. He's a type of person I know I would like to be apart of my life. In what way? Romantic? I'm not so sure just yet. He smiles and quickly kisses my cheek before following Yeonjun to the car. I widen my eyes in surprise and smile amused towards his sudden gesture.

Weird. But cute.

I shake my head and chuckle and instantly took notice that Yeji was no longer standing in front of me. I shrug and made my way inside.

As upsetting it is to say, I think it was silent agreement that things have returned as they were. But again I was actually feeling great after talking and getting to know Beomgyu. He just had this great aura and charm that radiates off him that I had unintentionally matched it.

Maybe there was a chance for me to move on from Yeji and return back to normal with her but again things like this takes time. Until I no longer feel the ache, and be reminded of my past, then nothing will change.

I groggily flop myself on my bed and threw my hat to the other side of the room. The moment I closed my eyes I had quickly entered my dream state.

.............

"Yah! Wake up Ryujin! We have to go to dance rehearsals!" I groan and hiss as she roughly opens my curtains causing the light to burn my eyes. I groan and quickly placed my blanket over my face to cover the burning sensation. Jisu laughs and grabs my sheets, trying to pry it off my body. But to no avail, she huffs in annoyance and drops the sheet.

"Come on! The managers will be picking us up in an hour!" She whines as she marches outside of my room to get ready herself and slams my door shut. I sigh in defeat and remove the blanket off my body and gasp noticing I was still wearing my outfit from last night.

I tiredly hop off my bed and quickly changed into my black baggy sweats with another white crop top. After placing my black hat over my head I swiftly walk over to phone. Seeing it lighting up I look down and smiled in amusement.

Beomgyu: Morning! 😊

I chuckle and began to type away as I walked out of my bedroom.

Me: hey you! 😋

Without realizing it I had accidentally bumped into a petite figure causing me to drop my phone and instinctively grab the waist in front of me. I look up and gulped seeing that it was Yeji who I was holding. She had her hands holding onto my forearms as she steadied herself. She lifts up her head and widens her eyes in surprise. But something flickered inside those cat eyes that I wasn't able to comprehend since it quickly disappeared.

Noticing I was still holding onto her I felt a blush creeping it's way into my cheeks before removing my grip and taking a step back. I scratch the back of my neck and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry about that." I spoke quietly. Yeji smiles and nods her head in understanding.

"It's okay." She looks down at the ground and knelt down to grab my phone. She furrows her eyebrows for a second as she stared at my screen before handing it to me with a tight smile that I knew wasn't sincere.

I grab my phone from her hand before walking around her to enter the kitchen.

"Hey Ryujin?" She calls out. I turn towards her and hum in response. She stares at me with a pained smile,

"We'll be okay soon right?" She asks.

I wish we were now but she's lied to me and is currently lying to everyone else. I have no right to be acting this way since she has no clue and not even a little hunch of the kind of feelings I have for her but just staring at her and being near her is causing me to feel pain at the said fact. It was worse than her announcement of dating Yeonjun. Because now, every time I take one glance at her, the haunting memory of my childhood reappears.

"Soon." I whisper before leaving her alone in the hallway once again. I look back down to my phone and a slow smile started creeping into my features.

Beomgyu: Yeonjun won't stop talking about Yeji and I'm considering in murdering him. Care to assist? 🙄

...............

"Alright girls take 5! And Ryujin can I talk to you for a second?" The dance instructor asks. Breathlessly, I look over towards the girls in confusion before walking towards the dance instructor.

"Yes?" I ask. She takes a sip of her water before smiling at me.

"So I have your solo dance prepared for the concert. Want to see the video of your dance?" She asks me as she motions me to follow her to her laptop. I smile excitedly and feverishly nod my head. She had taken a video of her dancing the dance I will be learning and I was ecstatic!

"Ready?" She asks me before playing the video after I nodded my head. I was mesmerized by the dance it was actually quite beautiful until she dropped to the floor and basically humped it causing me to choke on my water.

After the video was done she turned to look at me and chuckled seeing the hesitance and discomfort in my face.

"I don't know Unnie. It seems rather.." I drag out causing her laugh and swat her hands dismissively and grabs my shoulders.

"You are Shin Ryujin! You can dance to anything!" She praises causing a blush to arise on my cheeks. I sigh and nod my head with an excited smile.

"Okay lets do it." She squeals and claps her hands in excitement.

"Perfect!" Before she could speak even further the sound of my text tone chimed throughout the room. I smile apologetically as I excused myself to go to my phone. I walk up to it and began to quietly laugh at the messages. He really was an interesting character.

Hearing a clearing of a throat behind me, I turn around to see Yeji starting at me.

"So you and Beomgyu hit it off pretty well huh?" She asks. I look around to see if anyone was listening and shrug my shoulders causally.

"I guess." I shortly reply. I couldn't help to feel suffocated by being near her, especially when she was glistening in sweat that was causing her crop top to be tightly attached to her toned stomach. It was causing my whole body to feel warm with seeing her chest rising up and falling rather quickly for being breathless from dancing.

She nods her head and remains quiet.

And suddenly for the first time.

An awkward atmosphere surrounded us and it was a painful and unfamiliar sight for the both of us. The only sound that was being made was my phone.

Beomgyu: want to get dinner tonight?