Chapter 25

"Oh God.." I groan out as I slowly escaped my dream state and the pounding in my head increased. My whole body was aching and I felt absolutely terrible. I hiss as I shifted slightly and felt my cheek aching and my lips burning.

What happen— oh. Right.

He was here.

I was alone.

Vodka.

Wait, why doesn't my mouth taste awful?

Is that mint?

Did I drunkenly brush my teeth?

What the hell?

I slowly flutter my eyes open and winced as the light from my lamp burnt my eyes causing the ache in my head to increase. I glance over to the window and noticed it already nighttime.

I lifted my hand and widened my eyes slightly seeing it bandaged up. I flicker my eyes towards my mirror and cringed seeing dry blood on the shards of the broken pieces that remained.

I went to sit up but froze as I felt something in my other hand. I glance towards my hand that was hanging off my bed and held in my breath seeing another hand in mine. The person holding my hand was laying on the floor.

I shift quietly and peeked my head down from the bed and gasped seeing Yeji curled in a ball with a thin blanket that barely covered her body. I felt my heart beating madly as everything started connecting.

I scanned my room and felt completely stunned seeing everything cleaned up. What I could recall was me being a stupid drunk destroying everything and anything.

Did she take care of me?

I slowly let go of her hand and placed it on her side as I shifted off the bed. I made my way around my bed towards her and smiled softly seeing how fragile she looked in her sleep. But I immediately felt my smile drop seeing her shiver slightly.

I automatically bent down and brought her into my arms with ease and gently placed her on my bed.

"What're you doing to me Yeji?" I whisper softly as I unconsciously placed a strand of her hair behind her ear after covering her with my blanket. I softly traced the tips of my fingers against her smooth, delicate skin, causing my heart to flutter.

I miss you.

I immediately felt my breath hitch in the back of my throat as her eyes suddenly fluttered opened and locked into mine. I go to pull away but she quickly grabbed onto my hand.

"Lay with me." She whispers. It was so quiet that I nearly missed it. But, I didn't.

I don't know what it was but I couldn't bring myself to gaze away from her feline eyes. Her eyes held in several unreadable emotions that consumed me.

What is that look?

I felt my heart ache as she began to tighten her grip as the look of fear slowly creeped into her piercing gaze from my silence. And before I knew it, I silently nodded my head.

She sends a tired, content smile as I slowly laid down under the sheet and onto the bed beside her. She turns her body around, away from me, wraps my arm around her waist and slowly intertwines our fingers together. I slowly scoot forward until my body was flushed against her back. I sigh and press my forehead against the back of her head.

We remained silent for a moment. No one dared to utter a single word in fear that the comfortable, beautiful silence would break.

Holding her in my arms again and being able to smell her sweet scent had eased the pounding in my head but not in my heart.