Chapter 8: Dizzy Down

I let out a breath of relief upon taking my first steps into the Dalmatian house, escaping the heavy rainfall outside with the sky blanketed in an army of clouds thicker than sheets of fabric. The clouds themselves were smaller in numbers this morning but over the course of my shift at work, I'd often notice the sky getting greyer with every hour. It wasn't until I left the art shop at the end of my shift that I felt the first drops of rain land on me. How I wish I hadn't forgotten my umbrella. By the time I reached the door, I was completely drenched like I had just swam through Niagara Falls. Out of instinct, I shook myself to try and get any excess water off much like my siblings do whenever their fur is soaked, whether it be after playing in a swimming pool or having been outside in the rain like I had. Thankfully, whilst completely wet, I only felt a little chilly so I had little chance of catching a cold.

I paused as the sound of me closing the door was followed by the faint sound of groaning from upstairs. Seems like the source of that sound had heard the door close and realised that I was home. I temporarily shrugged it off, thinking they could wait for a moment as I waited for my clothes to stop dripping onto the welcome mat before calling out.

"Guys, I'm home!" My call was soon followed by a bit of rumbling as I smiled a little to see some of my brothers and sisters run into the hallway and tackle me into a group hug, a thing that they often used to do to dad when they were younger. Old habits never truly die out.

Within the pile of anthro dogs, I heard another groan, this one more louder and dramatic. I rolled my eyes at this before standing up, taking a towel one of my siblings had provided me with to dry myself off with, making my way up the stairs and soon reaching one of the bedroom doors. The door to Dizzy and Dee Dee's room. I turned the door handle and opened it, the slight creak being audible enough to have anyone in that room hear it. The inside of said room was devoid of any bright light, the single window in the room trailing with rain drops and giving view of the dull sky outside. Whilst Dee Dee's bed was vacant and made with the blanket straightened, no doubt courtesy of Dylan, her sister's was occupied with a lump in the middle of the mattress, covered in the blanket.

"How are you feeling, Dizzy?" I asked my eighteen year old sister, getting a long pained whine in response.

"I'm... dyiiiiiiing!"

"You're not dying!" I groaned a little, pinching my nose at how melodramatic Dizzy was being.

"I am! Can't breathe, my chest hurts, my stomach is all tied up and my neck feels like it has a saw blade inside! I'll never be able to eat anything again without throwing up! I'll choke on my own barf before my next birthday!" Dizzy's pained whining was muffled from the blanket but the fabric wasn't thick enough to render the words incomprehensible.

"You have a stomach ache, Dizzy. Not the Norovirus." I told her bluntly.

During my shift at the art shop, I got a phone call from Dylan whom had told me that Dizzy had gotten the stomach ache I had mentioned from a bet she made with Trevor. Remember that selfie the Triple D took with him? That spread like wildfire on social media mostly because, well, it's the Triple D. Dizzy and Dee Dee had of course seen the post and gone to find and meet Trevor at the canal. According to what Trevor told me when I confronted him on the way home from work about Dizzy's current state, Fergus was at the time teaching him how to be tough like he usually claims his species to be and a part of that training involved never backing down when challenged by someone. With the two girls being Dolly's proteges in being fun and rebellious, they decided to play a little betting game with Trevor who came up with the idea to eat as much chocolate he and Fergus had snagged as possible and the one to give in to an upset stomach was deemed the loser with Dizzy deciding to be Trevor's opponent. You can guess who lost.