Chapter 6: Dolly Goes Too Far

Cody's POV

It was around 5PM when me and Destiny were returning home from our little shopping spree at the centre in Westfield. With Destiny being the one of the Triple D to care deeply about the world, she often browsed items that had the themes of cute animals or related to the environment which was often why she had us shopped at places that provided clothing that was one hundred percent animal friendly cotton. Can't say I disagree with her, I'd be kinda disgusted if I ever heard of any tailors that used anthro fur like Cruella De Vil had intended many years ago. I meanwhile often looked around the centre to see if there were any potential girls that I could possibly get to know, none of them seemed to stand out however and any that did whenever I went to talk to them, Destiny would drag me with her to the next shop. At least she was nice enough to get me a bigger wardrobe of clothes alongside her personal purchases.

I was about to open the door for Destiny until I briefly heard something from inside. Sounded like two voices yelling at each other. Opening the door and letting Destiny in, I came in and placed my bags aside for later before following the noise to the living room to find Dolly and Dylan face each other with the angriest of faces.

"You're 28 years old for dog's sake, why can't you just be responsible for once?!" Dylan exclaimed in frustration with his muzzle pressed against Dolly. "I don't know, why can't YOU get off my case for once?! You always have to act like my second mom whenever I do so much as kick an empty can!" Dolly snapped back. "What on earth is going on?!" I asked, wanting to know what was the cause of the two fighting now, with Dylan and Dolly both having contrasting personalities and tolerances, it was evident that the two sometimes butted heads with each other which I've seen once or twice growing up with the Dalmatians. "Another bout of division! Only a matter of time before they damn one another to darkness!" Dante dreaded, making me roll my eyes until I looked down at the floor to see a picture frame that had a family portrait of all the Dalmatians in the family with Dolly, Dylan and I in the center. The wooden frame itself had been bent and almost snapped in half, almost tearing the portrait. This must be what they were arguing about.

"If you had just watched where you were going with your menace of a skateboard or instead just used it outside, I wouldn't have to be so stressed out about this!" Dylan fought back, which explained to me what had happened to the portrait in the first place. "Like you weren't trying to keep it safe! You put the stupid portrait there!" Dolly tried to justify herself, though it was sounding like she was trying to make it so that Dylan was in the wrong, the male Dalmatian however had this to defend himself with. "Well maybe if SOMEONE would stop messing around and actually help me keep the house clean for once whilst keeping our siblings in check, I'd have time to put the portrait somewhere safer!" Dolly was now growling as I, Dante and a few of my other brothers and sisters could only watch in growing concern. "Messing around?! That's what you call me trying to make everyday fun for the family when they want nothing to do with your boring geek crap?!" After she said that, I could just about see red in Dylan's eyes.

"You know what?! My life would be so much better if my sister didn't have to be so irresponsible and actually listened to a single word I said for once so I wouldn't have to be in her eyes 'a nagging second mum'!"

"FUCK YOU, DYLAN!" Dolly suddenly snapped straight after Dylan's rant and the entire room went silent.

In all my years so far of living with Dolly and Dylan, never have any of their heated arguments escalated to that kind of level. The latter was lost for words whilst Dolly meanwhile still had an enraged look in her eyes and what she said next was possibly the worst thing you could ever say to your own sibling.