Chapter 18

I was really offended. I mean she just forgot my condition. I want to run after her...but I can't. I can't walk. I'm so useless.

After that I always felt unwanted. I don't know. I felt this before but now it's worst. Many negative thoughts are clouding my mind.

I continue teaching her. Because my mother wants to. She tried to talk to me about that matter but I always divert the topic. I don't want to talk about it. Though I always think of it, specially at night. I also told her not to sleep on my room for a while. She knew that I'm serious so she followed.

"You just have to-"

"Stanlly, kain na tayo?" aya niya.

"No, you go first if your hungry. I'm going to review."

She bit her lip and nodded. I know she want to eat with me. Wala akong gana kumain. I sighed and closed the book. I focus on my laptop.

After she ate she came back with a tray on her hands.

"I told you, I won't eat. I'm not hungry."

"Pero... kahit na hindi ka gutom kumain ka. Masama malipasan ng gutom."

I look at her and she avoid my gaze. She put the tray beside me. I have no choice but to eat.

Habang kumakain ay panay ang sulyap niya saakin. I can't focus because of her.

"Stanlly...tungkol doon sa ka-"

"I'm finish. Ibaba mo na 'to." I told her.

I saw pain cross her eyes. She got the tray. Nang masara niya ang pinto ay tiningnan ko ang notes niya. Marami naman siyang tamang sagot. I stop when I got a text message. Kinuha ko ang phone ko.

Shane: Sorry. Hindi ako nag cecelebrate ng birthday ko e. Sorry talaga, pero...kinain ko 'yung cake. Promise.

Napa labi ako. She found a way, huh.

#

In the middle of the night I heard a girl crying. She's so loud. I bet maging sina mom at Mr. Tori ay nagising na rin. Inis akong umupo sa kama. Itinukod ko ang aking mga kamay para makaupo sa wheelchair.

Habang papunta sa kwarto niya ay nakit ko na si Mr. Tori sa labas ng pinto. Bukas ang ilaw.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Binangungot nanaman," he sighed, "noong isang araw, kahapon, at ngayon, sunod sunod. Hindi tulad ng dati na paminsan minsan lang."

"Bakit ba siya binabangungot?" takang tanong ko.

"Parang ikaw." Simpleng sagot niya na agad ko ring nakuha.

I look inside the room. My mother is calming her. Though it's not that effective, umiiyak pa rin siya. I was stunned when our eyes met. She just caught me peeking at her. Her eyes widen. Agad niyang pinunasan ang mga luha. Kumunot ang noo ko dahi do'n.

"Gutom ka?" mahinang tanong niya dahilan para mapalingon si mom sa gawi ko.

Using my wheelchair I show my whole self, "no, I just woke up because of you." My mother's eyes daggers.

"Sorry..." yumuko siya.

I wonder what is on her dreams?

I bit my lip, "in my room." I said before making a u turn and going back to the elevator.

When I reach my room, I lied down on my bed. Waiting for her to come. After a couple of minutes, she came.

"Sta-"