Chapter 9

Abigail's POV

Sunday 14th December 2014 (Australia)

We had been on the plane for just over eleven hours.

Taylor, now next to me as we had switched sits all through the flight, was snoring like no tomorrow, her sketch book and pencil still on her lap. Daisy beside me, reading... no surprise really; that same book she always read, never boring her.

Me, well I was writing in my journal. My thoughts just kept flowing out to the pen, my hand unable to stop. With music in my ears, I was in my own world, none of my attention going to waste.

Daisy nudges me. I take my headphones out, placing my pen down on my lap along with my journal. "What?" I ask in a queit whisper. "They're serving us breaky now." "Oh okay, hopefully they've got some good food. I'll wake Taylor up." I turn around to see Taylor is awake. "Someone said food!!" Daisy and I laugh, as Taylor looks at us with hunger in her face.

- - -

"I'll have a blueberry muffin and a organic orange juice please." I say to the flight attendant, smiling. "Sure. And for you?" She asks Daisy. "Can I please have the same, thankyou." "Sure thing, and for you?" She asks, looking down at Taylor. "I'll have...wait do you have fruit?" "Only fruit salad." The young women replys, with a white smile. "Can I have one of those, a raspberry muffin, a greek yogurt and a organic orange juice please." Taylor smiles like a little kind at a toy shop. "Sure." She says for the third time.

Does she know there are other words in the english dictionary then 'sure', I think to my self.

She passes all of us our muffins and drinks, then passing Taylor a medium sized fruit salad and a small yogurt.

- - -
Monday 15th December 2014 (Australia) Sunday 14th December 2014 (Rome, Italy)

I see a glare come through the window of the plane, the sun beams brightly striking my sight. I place my pen down and take my headphones out.

The view my eyes saw, was indescribable...

It looked beautiful.

It was just past two in the morning over in Australia. I had found out Rome, Italy was ten hours behind us...meaning it would be four in the afternoon in Rome.

The view was breathtaking, no words to describe exactly what it felt like to be seeing what lay in front of me. I smile at Daisy, who is also breathtaken by the view out the window. Taylor has no words but 'wow'.

"Good afternoon passengers, but a good morning in Australia. We will be landing in twenty minutes. And as you can see out the windows, it is a beautiful evening in Rome. So sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of your flight. Thankyou. "

I let out a laugh, not believing this was all real.

- - -

The plane lands in Rome late in the afternoon. Having had breakfast just over an hour ago felt strange. But being in a beautiful country didn't.

We had already collected our bags from pick up and now we were standing out front the airport waiting for a taxi.

We had been studying Italian for months before we had come, at Collage also juggling French and Greek. But Italian had come so easy for all three of us.

Finally a taxi turns up. The taxi driver gets out of the vechile, a good looking driver at that. "Good afternoon." The young man says, with a deep italian accent. "Oh..you speak english?" Daisy says, her eyes gazing at him. "Yes."
"Great, can you please take us to Hotel..." I pause for a moment, trying to remember the name of the Hotel, "Artemide?" I continue, looking up at the handsome man. "Yes. Your bags please."

- - -

I hear Taylor's stomach rumble next to me. "Ooo...I'm starving." She states. "Really. Whats new, your always hungry but to be honest so am I." Daisy sits in the front, she had dibs it back at the airport. "Same. When we get to the Hotel we'll go wondering and find a nice place for tea." I say, wearing a smile.

It was only a half an hour drive to the Hotel. The time being already twenty past five. It had been a long day, or days? But the excitement of being here was keeping me a wake, erging my eyes open.

It was so beautiful. Everything that was in sight was breathtaking. I had imagined what it would be like, but it was above and beyond. The sunset a beautiful pinky peach starts to set. I hope it stays out just a bit longer.

Daisy was in the front, practicing her italian with the taxi driver. She could be such a flirt. I hear her laugh at something he says and he laughs along. Taylor and I look at each, giving each other the look.

- - -

We turn up at the hotel, the bright lights shine orange. All three of us step back and take it in, taking a breath and closing our eyes. "Oh My Goodness..." We all say together. "Your bags ladys." The taxi guy interupts us from our moment. "Grazie Crescenzo." (Thankyou) Daisy says smerking at him. 

Crescenzo. What a beautiful name, I think to myself.

"Il tuo Daisy benvenuto." (Your welcome Daisy) He replies back, smerking as well.

"Grazie." I say handing him the money for the taxi drive. "No, no...keep your money." He says smiling towards Daisy, "You lady's havea good time in Roma, arrivederci." (Bye) He waves, while getting back into the taxi and driving off.

I turn to Daisy, as does Taylor. She smirks, "What was that?" Taylor asks. "Hmm he was a nice guy, and good looking. I couldn't help myself." She replies, giggling. I laugh at her, "Oh Daisy." "I even got his number." She holds up the piece of paper with numbers on it. "Come on, lets go check in and then go find somewhere to eat." I say lifting my bag up. "Yes." Taylor says huffing, her stomach grumbling for the hundreth time today.

- - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: hi lovely readers, sorry I haven't updated lately :( but I hope to be updating more regularly now! hope you enjoy x
- @Kate227