Chapter 8

Abigail's POV

Sunday 14th December 2014

We go through customs in five minutes.

It was now quarter past nine.

We made our way to gate seven.

We took a set while we waited for the announcement over the PA for our plane. “Wow.” Daisy says, “That was a lot harder than I thought it would be.” She finishes. “Wait getting here or saying goodbye.” I ask her curious. “Saying goodbye.” “Yeah, I have to argee.” I say, feeling a deep hole start to form in my stomach. “I miss them already.” Taylor says, sadness prominent in her voice. “We'll be fine.” I say, rubbing my hand up and down on her back, calming her down.

“Flight JKQ742 please make your way to the que at gate seven, to board your plane.” We hear the announcement and jump up and grab our rucksacks.

We make our way to the que and line up. “Tickets?” I ask the girls,  them both replying, “Yup,” while showing me them. The que moves fast, a young flight attendant scanning the tickets. She scans mine, Daisy's and Taylor's finishing with a smile. “Enjoy your flight.” She says politely. 

We make our way out to the plane, the noise hitting me like a headache.

We make our way up the stairs, Taylor nearly getting blown off from the strong wind of the engine. I catch her before she falls. “You right?” I ask her yelling. “Yeah fine. Thanks Abby.” She yells over the noise of the plane.

We find our sets and prepare for the hour flight to Sydney.

- - -

The flight flies by. It was quarter past eleven.

We make our way into the terminal, straight to collect our bags. 

We make it to the baggage collection and sit on our rucksacks as we wait.

“So hungry.” Taylor groans. She was always hungry. As she says this we see all three bags come through. “Just hold on a bit longer Tay.” I say grabbing mine and her bag, while Daisy grabs hers. “We need to catch a bus to the international airport then we'll get lunch, okay dude.” I say as we make our way out the doors and to the bus stops. “O…..Kayyyyyyy.” She drags on, groaning. 

We stand at the bus stop for a while, not really keeping the time. I look down at my watch noticing it was nearly eleven thirty. As I look back up, a bus stops in front of us.

“Get on?” Daisy asks me. “I'll ask where his going.” I tell her as I hope on the bus. “Excuse me, are you by any chance heading to the international airport?” I ask the old man, who has one eye that is turned in slightly.  “Yes.” he says, grumpiness in his voice. “Okay cool, how much for three students?” I ask, annoyance in his facial expression. “A dollar thirty.” I hand him four dollars, handing me ten cent change. “Thanks.”

- - -

The international airport was hectic, even on a Sunday.

We were in que, waiting to check in and drop our bags off so we could get some food.

“I've never been so hungry before,” Taylor says, “And I'm hungry all the time but arghh I can't do it anymore.” “You'll be fine Tay, just three more people to go then our turn, then we'll go down stairs and get some food.” Daisy's says reassuring her.

“It's just after twelve.” I say looking down at my vintage watch for the hundredth time today. “We have an hour and a bit then.” Daisy says while looking at something over my shoulder and smiling. I turn around to notice a guy looking at her and winking. Daisy giggles to herself. “Daisy.” I nudge her in the arm.

“What!?” she says jumping out of her daydream. I mean the guy was hot. I look again, to see him with two other guys probably mates and probably the same age as us or a bit older.

One of them catches my eye. He has dread locks and the cutest dam smile with little dimples and… “Next!” I catch myself out of my daydream. Taylor and Daisy start to walk to the man calling out next, I follow them. Daisy nudges me, “Hot aye?” she winks at me. “Are you kinding, sex gods right there.” “Guys, concentrate please.” Taylor says, her stravation getting to her.

“Hi, can I please have your iternarys and passports?” “Sure.” Daisy replys to the man behind the counter, in his late thirty's. He puts our bags through and then stamps our passports. He hands back the passports and prints our tickets.“Have a lovely time in…” he pauses, looking at our tickets, “Rome and a safe flight.” He finishes with a smile. “Thankyou.” I say. We head down stairs, well more like run down stairs to get food, we were hungry.

- - -

Taylor is literally running down the stairs to get food. “COME ON!!” she yells, a bunch of people starring at us. I ignore them, yeah my best friend was looney who cares, I love her.

“Sumo Salad!” I say to Taylor as Daisy and I catch up to her. “YES!!” she fist pumps in the air, getting a giggle from both myself and Daisy.

We each get our lunch. Taylor gets a motherload of food, enough to feed five people at least. “This is amazing.” Taylor says, while half her food spills out of her mouth. Daisy and I both laugh at her as she continues to stuff her face.

I look down at my lunch; a chicken ceaser wrap. I pick it up and start to eat.
“Oh my goodness, this. is. incredible.” I say while savouring the flavour that is left of my previous bite. “Isn't it.” Taylor speaks, just understanding what she saying with all that food in her mouth. “Deffiantly the best food on the planet.” Daisy says while eating her quiona & pomegrante salad. “For now, wait till we try all the food in Europe.” I say smiling. “I can't wait.” Daisy is smiling back at me, Taylor smiles with her food all in her teeth.

- - -

“Flight JKQ341 please make your way to gate 22, ready to board your flight.”

We had been waiting around for twenty minutes after we had finished lunch and went through customs.

We sat in gate 22, waiting for that announcement, the anticipation getting a hold of us.

“Finally.” Taylor huffs, as she stands up grabbing her rucksack. “It's happening, I can't believe it!” I say jumping from my sit grabbing my bag. “It's all so real. ” Daisy replys, fear slightly prominent on her face, hidden by excitement.

We line up in the que, holding our tickets.

- - -

We sit in the plane, all of us in a row together. A small TV was inserted in the sit infront of me, a control as well.

I sit back, looking to my left. Daisy in the middle and Taylor on the end.

I smile, thinking of the 13 hour flight ahead.

- - - - - - - - - -

A/N: longer chapter, sorry if its starting to bore you :( I'm sorry but it does get so much better soon x
- @Kate227