Chapter 1

Olivia was leaning against the frozen railing of the Hai Peng, gazing up at the starry sky when she heard footsteps behind her.

She turned around to face Will who walked up beside her and leaned against the railing.

Looking up at the dark blue sky, he asked, "What were you thinking about?"

She turned back to look at the sky with a sigh, "Our talk with Sao Feng and about Jack. I miss him."

Will let the silence linger, feeling that she has more to say.

After a moment she continued, "I saw how sad Elizabeth looks and it hurts me to see her like that."

Will gave her arm a squeeze, "Me too."

She smiled at him and gazed at the sky again.

He saw the twinkling stars reflected in her hazel eyes as the moonlight shone on her raven black hair. As he stared at the ethereal woman in front of him, she turned to look at him, feeling his gaze on her.

She lost herself in his warm brown eyes as he placed a finger under her chin and tilted up her face.

They leaned in and finally brought their lips together as their hearts raced and sparks exploded in their cold bodies.

Ecstatic that he returns her feelings, she kissed him passionately as her hands snaked around his neck and his slid down to her hips. They kissed with vigor under the silver moon, throwing all caution to the wind without a care in the world.

They pulled away and looked at each other with gleaming eyes.

Olivia asked breathlessly, "You have feelings for me?"

He nodded as he cupped her cheek, "Yes. I did like Elizabeth for a while but it was only temporary. I have loved you from the moment I set eyes on you. But I only realized it after seeing you in action."

She grinned as she placed her hand atop his own.

Suddenly remembering Elizabeth, her smile faded, "But what about Elizabeth?"

He smiled, to her surprise, and said, "She loves Jack."

Her eyes widened as a multitude of thoughts raced through her mind. How did he know? Does she know that he is aware of it? And what about Jack? Does he know?

She voiced out her thoughts and he frowned, "You knew?"

She shamefully looked away as his hand dropped to his side, "Yes. I noticed it and asked her about it. She confessed that she loved Jack and not you. But she begged me not to tell you about it because she thought you were in love with her and she didn't want to break your heart."

Will's eyes widened in surprise at the truth as he muttered under his breath, "So, she was putting up an act just like me."

Olivia heard his mumble but kept silent.

She leaned her head on his shoulder and gazed at the starry night for a few moments before kissing him on the cheek and going to bed.

As he looked down at the calm ocean, he remembered the events in Singapore when they paid a visit to Sao Feng to get his navigational charts.

A wooden pole was placed on his neck horizontally and his hands were placed atop it on both sides and tied to it. He was soaked from head to toe as he watched the pirate lord of the south China sea threaten to kill a man not on either Sao Feng's side or theirs.

He voiced what his companions were thinking, "If he's not with you and he's not with us, whose he with?"

Just then British soldiers barged into Sao Feng's bath house, forcing them to start fighting.