Chapter 6

The Black Pearl sailed with speed ahead of the Dutchman and slowed down when it was directly across the Dutchman on the edges of the maelstrom.

Both ships' cannons were loaded and aimed at each other, the crews waiting for the signal to fire them.

Once the Dutchman was in the perfect position, Barbossa yelled, "Fire!"

Elizabeth passed it to Mr. Gibbs, "Fire!"

Mr. Gibbs gave the order to the crew, "Fire! Fire all!"

The two fastest ships in the world exchanged cannon fire, blowing across the gun ports and solid wood of the ship, sending wooden shards flying into the ocean.

Barbossa cackled like a mad man, "It be too late to alter course now, mateys!"

Having taken the chest right under those idiotic soldiers' noses, Jack opened the door of the captain's cabin and glanced around. Making sure that no one was there, he walked towards the staircase leading up to the wheel only to see Davy Jones coming down it.

Jones smugly laughed, "Ahaha."

Taking slow steps towards Jack, he pulled out his sword, joined by his crew, "Lookee here, boys. A lost bird. A lost bird that never learned to fly!"

Jack grinned, "To my great regret. But..."

He got onto the railing and grabbed a rope with his free hand, "...never too late to learn, eh?"

He hit the knot tying the rope to the ship with the chest and flew to the top of the main mast. He landed on the slippery wooden beam holding the sail and tried to gain his balance.

Switching the chest to his other hand, he gripped the rope in front of him and stepped in front of it to see Davy Jones on the beam.

He pulled out his sword, walking towards Jack, "The chest! Hand it over!"

Jack took out his own sword and tried to reason, "I can set you free mate."

Jones retorted, "My freedom was forfeit long ago!"

He brought his sword down on Jack which he quickly blocked. In the storm, the two clashed and parried their swords, trying to gain the chest for themselves.

Jones pushed away Jack's sword and tried to kick away the chest but Jack was holding it too tightly. The two captains continued to clang their swords while their crews battled it out below them.

As the ships sailed on the edges of the whirlpool and got closer, some of the crew members on either side swung themselves onto the enemy ship.

The Pearl's crew shot and sliced through the soldiers and the monstrous crew.

Plunging his sword through a soldier, Will called out, "Olivia!"

A crew member from the Dutchman appeared in front of the two and they ran their swords through him simultaneously, killing him instantly.

Slashing through another sailor, Will caught Olivia's arm, "Will you marry me?"

Her eyes widened as another sailor brought down his sword on them which they swiftly blocked.

She shouted over the rain, "William Turner, are you mad?!"

They threw back their attacker and fought off the sailors and soldiers around them as Will yelled back to her, "Yes, for you!"

A smile grazed her lips as she beheaded a sailor and turned to meet Will.

He whispered, "I love you."