Chapter 4

They were taken by an old pirate to the hall of the brethren court gathering.

Elizabeth heard a familiar voice say, "I'm as content as a cucumber to wait until Sao Feng joins us."

She spoke out loudly, "Sao Feng is dead."

As the pirate lords gasped, Elizabeth continued, "He fell to the Flying Dutchman."

An old Chinese lady stood up, "The plagued ship!"

Elizabeth stepped forward and plunged her sword into the globe behind Jack and Barbossa like the pirate lords before her.

Jack grimaced, "And made you captain? That's just giving the bloody title away now."

She glared at him, eliciting a grin from him and stopped on Barbossa's other side as a Spanish pirate yelled at her.

She shouted over their commotion, "Listen! Listen to me! Our location has been betrayed. Jones is under the command of Lord Beckett. They're on their way here."

An African pirate asked, looking around at everyone, "Who is this betrayer?"

Barbossa calmed him, "Not likely anyone among us."

Noticing that Will was missing, Olivia walked up to Elizabeth and asked from no one in particular, "Where's Will?"

Jack casually replied, "Not among us."

Olivia furrowed her eyebrows. Does that mean Will struck a deal with Beckett to free his father and perhaps, make both him and her immune from persecution?

Barbossa said, "It matters not how they found us. The question is, what will we do now that they have?"

Wanting to avenge her father, Elizabeth exclaimed, "We fight!"

All the pirate lords started to laugh at her as Olivia gave her a comforting squeeze.

The old Chinese lady stood up, "Shipwreck Cove is a fortress. A well-supplied fortress. There is no need to fight if they cannot get to us."

Hearing murmurs of agreement around the table, Barbossa announced, "There be a third course. In another age, at this very spot, the First Brethren Court captured the sea goddess and bound her in her bones. That was a mistake. Oh, we tamed the seas for ourselves, aye. But opened the door to Beckett and his ilk. Better were the days when mastery of seas came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures, but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. You all know this to be true. Gentlemen. Ladies. We must free Calypso."

There was a moment of silence as everyone contemplated what Barbossa was suggesting before everyone started yelling in incredulity.

A north African pirate suggested, "Shoot him!"

The dark skinned, African pirate suggested, "Cut out his tongue."

Jack combined the two suggestions and added one of his own, "Shoot him, cut out his tongue, then shoot his tongue. And trim that scraggly beard."

Tai Huang stepped forward, intending to honor his fallen captain, "Sao Feng would've agreed with Barbossa."

Barbossa nodded as Elizabeth glanced at Huang out of the corner of her eye, "Aye."

The African pirate vehemently said, "Calypso was our enemy then, she will be our enemy now."

A French pirate added, "It's unlikely her mood's improved."

The Spanish pirate took out his gun, pointed it at the French pirate and kept it on the table, "I would still agree with Sao Feng. We release Calypso."