Chapter 41- THE END

-unedited, may add more later who knows-

Chapter 41:

I've been given my own maids which already felt terribly odd to me but today I was given twice as many as usual. It was only natural given the occasion.

"Give me just a moment more!" Mariah calls out as she finishes the touches to my hair. She comes over around to look at me in my entirety and gives me a warm smile. "Perfect."

I smile back at her, looking at her helps calm the butterflies. Suddenly, everything is becoming true to me today.

"Miss Mariah, she seems to be about finished what shall we do now?" Another maid who looks just a bit younger than me comes rushing to her side to ask.

"Well, what do you think? We get her ready to walk!" As she says that, two maids come to each of my sides and offer their arms to help me walk forward. They had warned me that this wedding dress would feel a bit heavy at first especially to one who's never form dresses like these before.

"Mariah, I'm so nervous I feel like I'm going to combust." I whisper to her as I slowly make my way out of the dressing room.

"Don't say such things, today is your day and if anything that prince should be the one nervous instead." She can't stop smiling as she speaks, seeing her happy for me actually comforts me a bit.

"Thank you so much, Mariah." I tell her, trying to stop the tears from even reaching my eyes.

"You're welcome." She whispers and I look forward to realize we made it to the ballroom. The place where we first met.

"Are you ready?" She whispers to me.

I begin to hear the instruments play from the other side.

"Yes," I say as I also nod in response.

The doors open.

~

"I look horrible now don't I?" I say as I cower future into him as we dance.

"Never," he reassures me, smiling at me.

I do my best to pat the tears off my face sneakily trying to preserve whatever magic was done to make me look pretty in the first place. The tears I had promised to fight back won their fight as soon as we exchanged our vows.

"You did amazing, my love." I'm sure he was referring to me greeting the public right after being officially wed.

"Thank you."

We begin to step to the side so I can catch my breath and then I begin to feel a presence behind me.

"May I pay my congratulations to the newly weds?" Prince William appears before us and I immediately feel my face turn red.

"You already have." My prince snaps, pulling me into him again.

"Now, now, let's not let past events ruin the joyous occasion." He smiles at me specifically, "I actually would prefer not to take up too much of the new couples time but let me just say, I do look forward to what the future holds" he bows and continues on his way, "for both of you as well."

"He probably came to remind you of your promise." I think out loud.

"Yes, that or just to annoy me again though he seems capable of doing both."

"Do you still dislike him for what he did?" I ask him, trying not to think too hard about that event.

"Of course I do." He answers immediately. I can't help by giggle.