Chapter 40

-unedited-

Chapter 40

i couldn't get much sleep last night after the news involving me was told to me.

we're married now.

we... are married.

married.

I feel a kiss on the back of my head.

"Good morning." I feel him mutter against my hair. "I don't recall you ever being awake before me."

Oh, was I awake before him this time? Of course I am, I barely slept.

"Good morning," I repeat back to him mindlessly. I seem to still be in shock since I can only think of the news being said to me last night.

"You'll need to come with me today to sign some documents." I notice that he's avoiding my gaze but still speaks normally. Is he in just as much shock as I am?

I used it for personal gain. Is what he said so, no, he knew before I did.

"Did us getting married undo the banishment?" I finally ask him, looking at him directly.

He finally meets my eyes, "Yes."

I sit up from the bed and look down to my hands. My mind wanders but doesn't stop at anything. I don't know what to think. Marriage has never crossed my mind before but if it had, what would I have wanted it to be? Is this truly okay?

"Mary," his hands cover mind and he kneels before me.

I look back up again to meet his eyes.

"We'll have a proper wedding." Hearing him say that makes my heart skips a beat, it also brings a wave of heat up to my face.

"O-oh, I wasn't too worried about that." I look away hoping he wouldn't notice.

"It can be anything your heart desires, I'll make sure of it." He brings one of my hands to his lips.

I see the expression on his face again from last night. Now I can tell what it is.

"I really don't mind, you know," I squeeze his hand, "I know you meant well and i'm not upset about anything so please don't be upset either."

He meets my eyes again and gives me a soft smile.

"Of course, my dear." His kisses my hand again and stands up, leading me up with him. "Now, let's get ready together."

~

I'm a princess now. I belong in these clothing. I'm not out of place.

It's no use. Being in the dress he picked out for me as we prepare to go meet his parents again only has me in shambles.

Being a royal now doesn't even feel true. Maybe because it did happen so suddenly and I haven't had time to truly let it set in.

"Are you okay, Mary?" He grabs on to my hand.

"O-oh, yes." I look down. How are we even...

"Actually, may I ask a question?"

He smiles, "you don't need to ask permission anymore, you never did."

"Oh, right, uh," All the words begin to pile up in my throat, "how..."

I force a cough to rearrange myself.

"How, exactly did we get married?"

He stays silent for a moment before answering.

"I admitted to sharing a bed with you to my parents and since it ruin our family reputation, they married us."