Chapter 8

I said" I-I've... ugh! I've probably gained... gained weight, Sirius. He-He's gonna punish me."
Sirius said" Bean, you've got to calm down."
" I-I... I can't!"
" Well, you have to!" He grabbed my shoulders, gently, making me focus on him." If they hurt you, you can run to James', okay? We'll be there."
" What-What..." I breathed heavily, everything spun... then faded...

I came back as I heard Remus,
He said" Darling... Nikkie, hey, you're okay, I'm right here, we're right here, you're okay.. you're okay." I gasped for air, and slumped into him, then I started sobbing. He hugged me, wrapping me up in his arms, I couldn't stop shaking," Shh, shh, you're okay, everything's okay, just try to breathe, that's all I want you to do, breathe." I took deep breathes, gripping at his shirt, he kissed my head.

After a while, I could focus again, Remus kept me in his arms,
James said" Maybe one of us should be there. His house isn't too far from mine."
Sirius said" How'd we explain that?"
" I don't know."
" Yeah, that's what I thought. If one of us even get caught with him, he's dead... especially me."
" Well, I don't know what to do all the time!"
" I don't either!" I flinched and buried my face in Remus' neck,
He said" Both of you, shut up. You're scaring him." They both stopped talking, I whimpered," It's okay, Nikkie. No one is angry at you." He rubbed my back, then made me look at him," No one's angry, Nikkie."

I was straddling Remus' lap, calmed down fully as he pet my hair.
I whispered" I don't wanna go back."
Remus whispered" First sign of danger, you run, all right?"
" They'll hunt me down."
" If you can make it to James', his mum won't let them touch you, I promise."
" How? What can she do?"
" Remember when McGonagall yelled at James and Sirius about setting off dungbombs in the main corridor?" I nodded quickly," Now add some curse words, and a wand at the ready." I smiled a little," Once you've stepped foot in her home, you are one of her sons. She won't let anyone hurt you."
James said" He's right, Nikkie. Mum would've killed Sirius' mum if it wasn't for Sirius being there. You'll be safe there for the time being."
" See?" I nodded and hugged his neck, he chuckled and hugged me," Just hold on for me, okay?" I nodded again,
I said" I'm scared."
" I know. I am too. But I promise you, if you're with me, I won't let anything happen to you."
———
I walked off the train, I looked back at my friends and Remus, they all smiled at me, James gave me a thumbs up, then they all turned away.
Father said" Good to have you home, son, let's hurry there."
I said" Yes, sir." I scurried behind him, immediately loosing all hope in ever seeing them again.

I was thrown into the wall, I screamed in pain,
Father said" You have failed more tests and assignments this term than last year! What have you been doing?!"
Mother said" Crucio!" I screamed, writhing around on the ground, it stopped after a few minutes.
" What have you been doing?!"
I screamed" Having fun!"
" School isn't for fun! Man up! You are a 5th year! You are no longer a child! Again, dear."
Mother said" Crucio!" I screamed, knocking into things with my body as I writhed in horrendous pain. I felt one of my bones break,
" Stupefy!" I was slammed into the ground, I gasped for air," Ava-" I jumped up, running," Get back here! You disgrace! Running like a boy!" I ran out the door, I could feel blood on me but I was too afraid to stop.

I collapsed to the ground, coughing up blood, I got up again, wobbling, I'd been running for hours. We mapped out exactly how far James' was from mine, it was far enough to be a pain to run.

It was really late, I knocked on James' door, nearly collapsing on myself. A woman answered,
She said" Oh, dear... James! Boys! Fleamont!" A man walked up,
He said" Hell, son, what happened to you?"
" Here, come in, darling." She grabbed my arm, which caused me to scream," Oh, let's get you healing." She led me into the house,
Sirius said" Bloody hell! Nikkie!" He caught me as I collapsed," I've got you, I've got you. Remus! Get down here!"
James said" Don't talk, Nikkie. You're gonna be fine, you're gonna be okay." I was laid down on a couch, I coughed up blood again. Then my eyes rolled back-
———
I gasped for air, sitting up, then started coughing,
James said" Whoa, whoa, take it easy, take it easy." I started shaking, remembering what my father tried to do to me." Mum healed what she could. Nearly wanted to rush you to St. Mungo's, but you'd need your parents... and... we couldn't-"
Sirius said" Just lie still for a while, okay?" Remus hugged me, I hugged him back, sobbing into his shoulder.
Remus said" We've got you, we've got you.
Don't worry, we've got you."

After a few, I calmed down and was sipping tea,
Sirius said" What happened?"
I whimpered" He-He... He- He... Tried to use the-the killing..." I whimpered, and started shaking again,
Remus said" Shh, shh, you're okay, you're okay." I was between his legs, his arms wrapped around me," You're safe now, darling."
James said" He tried to kill you..." I nodded my head quickly, I saw the anger on Sirius and James' faces, I whimpered, gulping." No, we're not angry at you, Nikkie. I swear we aren't."
Mrs. Potter said" Well, you're welcome here anytime you'd like. We can clear out another room as well." She walked around the couch," Now, breakfast is ready, you try to eat this porridge, be careful now. I don't want you eating anything too heavy, might make you ill." I nodded, she smiled at me, she put the bowl down and walked away.
" See, she loves you already. She healed up the broken arm, it'll still feel weird for a couple days, then she took away the major concussion you had and the internal bleeding. You'll still be sore and bruised but not dead."
Sirius said" Come on, you've got to eat." Then there was a very loud and scary-sounding knock at the door, I breathed heavily. James and Sirius stood up as Remus wrapped his arms around me tightly, Mr. Potter opened the door.
I heard my mother say" Where is he?! Where's that little- Sweet child of mine?"
Mrs. Potter said" Now, I know that is not what you were going to say. Your son arrives at my home, bloody... with a broken arm, internal bleeding and so many bruises he's well blue!"
Father said" We wrestle, and he's quite clumsy."
" Ah, that's your excuse. Dears, take Nikkie upstairs to one of your rooms, the adults have to speak."
" Now, miss, you cannot keep my son from us! He's only 15, he needs his parents!"
" He needs someone to care for him! You do not!"
" I work in the ministry!"
" I don't care! Now get off my property before I make you."
" Woman!" She had her wand against his chin in seconds, Mr. Potter drew his wand, so did James and Sirius.
Mother said" Oh, you will not keep me from my baby!" She came in, I whimpered," Dear, it's time to come home! Now!" I shook my head quickly, she glared at me," Crucio!"
James and Sirius said" Protego!" Blocking the spell from me,
" Oh, the Black boy! Never wonder where he got this idea from!"
I said" H-He tried to- He tried to kill me! Use a curse on me! You just did! You-You are not... You are not parents! You hate me!"
" We don't hate you, Nicholas! We love you!"
" N-No, you- No, you don't! They love me! They-They care about me! You don't!"
" Oh, this is it!" She yanked me from Remus, I screamed," Stupefy!" They were thrown back, groaning as they hit the floor.
" No! Remus! Remus!" She dragged me out," No! No! Remus! Sirius! James! Help! No! No!" Father grabbed my arm as well and we were gone...