Part 6: Back to the old days

San Jose
August 2020.

"You don't make any strange noises."
"What?"__ I asked without understanding
"When we have sex, you don't make strange noises. You said you did but I don't hear them."

I let out a laugh upon hearing the remark.

"Yeah, that's probably because it's different with you."

"Different because I'm autistic?"

"No, Shaun. Different because we love each other and when we have sex we forget to pay attention to those embarrassing details because we focus on each other and what we are doing."

Shaun thought for two seconds.

"I don't know if you're right. When we have sex and you're lying in front of me I pay attention to the movement you make with your hips and how red your face gets when you moan. It makes me very horny. You did that minutes ago before we broke up."__ he added in his whispered tone.
I laughed louder.

"Yeah, I'm not right, you do pay attention to a lot of things."

I threw my arm around him and hugged him.

"Today is Saturday. We've been living together for a month now, and we do nothing but work and stay here on the weekends."

"Don't you like staying here with me?"

"Of course I do. It's not that, it's just that we need to distract ourselves a little, get out of the routine. Do you remember why we ran away that day?"

"Yes, I didn't want Doctor Glassman to hire a tutor for me and you said I needed to take a day off from work."

"Yeah, you were stressed out, you needed a little time to relax. What do you say we take this little trip to the same place? it's about two hours away. We can go to that pub where we sing and drink the good tequila there."

"The drive there is nice and quiet, lots of pine trees along the side of the road."

"Exactly. Pine trees, the best tequila, and we'll show you how to sing karaoke."

Shaun smiled excitedly.

" That's a good idea, Lea."

"Great! Let's have a nice pancake breakfast, pack up and hit the road."

Shaun stood up, stopped in the middle of the room, reflected quickly and started moving around the sidewalk as he spoke.

"Ok, I'll pack our bags, we'll need light clothes for the day, sweaters for the night because the temperature can drop, a first aid kit, documents..."

He listed each item, opening the dressers and closets, taking clothes and putting them in bags and small suitcases.
I watched the total concentration and care with which he did everything.

"I'm lucky."__ He said.

"Why are you lucky?"__ Shaun asked without turning to me. I got up from the bed, took the steps to him and hugged him around the waist.

"Because I have you."
Shaun let go of the piece of clothing he was holding and turned to face me.

"I'm lucky to have you too, Lea."

A light, lingering kiss.

"Now that you're done we can start the other preparations for our trip. Let's take a shower."

"Okay, you go first, I can wait while I make the pancakes."

"No Shaun, I meant shower together."

Shaun continued to stare at me, he changed his mild expression to one of excitement, a smile formed a line on his lips.