Part 5: Memories and revelations

A look I have seen before

Shaun looked at my body with an expression I can hardly describe, it was intense. And I couldn't take my eyes off his, stared at them whenever they met my face and followed them feeling a burning satisfaction at discovering where they hovered.
We stood in silence for what seemed like minutes, both of us standing, faces inches apart, feeling Shaun's gasping breath and barely knowing if I was breathing enough.
In a flash, my thoughts went to the night I came back from Hershey and waited for Shaun in the hallway of the old building. His expression as he stepped out of the elevator and faced me flashed in detail as we faced each other in that room. This time there was not only an expression of surprise, Shaun was gazing at me with desire and reverence and this realization raised my heart rate again. I took his hand and guided him to the bed.

>>>

Shaun's analysis

When Shaun touched me again, I felt like I was out of air. He rested his right hand on my thigh, gently slid it down, then up to my belly, and then around the other parts.
Feeling the touch of his hands on sensitive areas caused me to make an immense effort to catch my breath.
Performing his research, he paused for a few seconds to stare at a specific spot on me that caught his attention, then returned to my face where I found myself staring at his expression as he studied my body. I was ecstatic and surprisingly light, as if I were floating. Shaun analyzed each part as if he wanted to memorize their details.

"Your body is smooth and perfect, Lea."__he said in whispered words as he stopped at the spot between my breasts.

It struck me how long that moment lasted, the delicacy in the way he touched me, neither shying nor expressing annoyance at stroking another skin. His eyes radiated and I know mine did too.
Staring at him, I lifted my head a little and held his face for a kiss, understanding the signal, he bent down to meet my mouth. Shaun launched himself on top of me, kissing me slowly as he stretched out on his arms.
He knew exactly what he wanted to do to me, his gaze anticipated it. Nothing needed to be taught this time and I was eager to find out what he intended.

>>>

Premiere sensations

It had never happened to me like this before, so many physical sensations and feelings flowing through me at the same time as Shaun moved over my body. I gave myself completely to him that night and I could feel how reciprocal the surrender was.
Having sex with him did not involve positions beyond the normal. It involved an intimacy that grew as we left our clothes on the floor and with them undressed not only our bodies, but all the modesty that existed between us.
Just as our friendship began, our relationship began with an intense connection. On our first night we began to completely uncover the outer layer of each other, the parts that we both secretly wanted to see.
Although it was the first time, I felt that our bodies had known each other for ages.
Our souls came into perfect harmony the minute Shaun opened the door to lend me batteries years ago.

That moment took time to happen and to end. Every movement, exchange, moan, and sigh showed me how much we had longed for this and how meaningful it was to have waited and allowed myself to be there.
We repeated the contact between our bodies once again that night, as intensely as the first time.

>>>

Revelations, the evidence of the undeniable

In the early morning hours Shaun and I talked about what had happened between us over the years we had known each other. I confessed to Shaun at what point I discovered I was in love with him and why I reacted that way when he confessed that he loved me.
The explanation came as an apology.
Shaun told me about what Carly said when she broke up with him after what she saw the night we sang at the karaoke bar. It didn't surprise me to learn that she was right. If Carly saw it, it was clear to other people as well.
At this point I didn't care about this detail anymore. I wanted everyone to know from now on that I love him. But listening to this part of the story brought back a clear memory of that occasion when the two of us were dancing trying to keep up with the music. It was as if everyone had evaporated and all that was left was me, Shaun and the frantic beat of the melody. Recalling the moment warmed my heart.
I told Shaun that we had met by chance that very night, but going to their table was my intention, I wanted to interrupt their moment.