Chapter 15: Crystals

And now . . . came the hardest part of my shopping . . . jewelry.

The only known shop that sells authentic Jewelry was Crystal and Stones, a shop for the nobles.

I looked at my get-up. There was no way that I'd be entertained in a place like that, nor could I even make it to their front doors. But one of my ingredients in making the Blood Potion and Love Philtre was in that store.

It required a Bloodstone as an alternative for the heart of an animal in making the Blood Potion and a Rose Quartz as an alternative for the heart of a sprite in concocting the Love Philtre.

These alternatives were not potent as the original ingredient, but they'd have to do since I didn't want my white witch title to disappear.

There were many kinds of witches and warlocks.

Those who practice the art of hexes and curses, the Dark witch, whose soul would never appear in the cycle of reincarnation. The sprites and animals despised these witches and warlocks, for they mostly used life as ingredients.

The Green witch primarily deals with plants. The Devine witch worked with crystal balls, tarots, and palms. The crystal and red witch and the other titles they proclaimed for themselves.

As for me, I'm a white witch who works mainly with anything. As long as I don't chop a fairy open or claw out the heart of a bunny, then I had the highest affinity with sprites and animals from all the witches.

And I like to keep it that way since the sprites and animals were helpful.

Back to the Crystal and Stones, I think I had no choice but to disguise myself as a noble to get in. There were fake and manmade crystals being sold in the kiosks of the Town Square, but those didn't contain Either, so what was the point of using them?

Crystals and stones were only valuable to witches if they came from GrimHeart's soil and mountains that accumulated Either throughout the years. Those which contain high concentrated Either.

Posing as a noble wasn't hard. I just needed a fancy dress, remove my warts and pimples, and apply some makeup on my face.

I bought the necessary materials I needed and rented a room in an inn where I changed my clothes and cleaned my face before applying the makeup.

My actual appearance was hidden with the black hair and makeup, and I nodded to myself. I tied my hair in a bun, and I already looked like a Baron's daughter.

With confidence and grace hammered in me for years, I walked out from the inn without anyone questioning my disguise and went straight inside Crystal and Shop without a problem.

There were few people inside the large shop, and most were nobles who were the only ones who could afford the jewelry.

I skimmed through the crystal section. Though there were an endless variety of crystals, witches tended to use stones that could be used to more than one potion and spell.

Like amethyst, for example, had a variety of uses, and it was witches go to for Insomnia, ill-health, and nightmares. It was also a great alternative if herbs weren't present though they were expensive compared to free plants that you could pick in your backyard.

My eyes zoomed on a stone that was a combination of dark red, green, and brown. The bloodstone. My substitute for the heart of an animal in Blood Potion.

My lips stretched in a satisfied smile when I also spotted the rose quartz. This popular pink-hued gemstone was a perfect ingredient to any kind of love potions and spells –– and incredibly pricy!

A carat of the bloodstone alone already cost two hundred gil, while the rose quartz was four hundred.

I shrugged. I could get the gil at any time, and I only need a carat of it.

Not bothering about the price, I placed my order and went out of the shop with a refreshing smile on my face.

Now that I've mostly gotten what I needed in Town. It was time to roam the forest once again tonight to complete the other ingredients.

----

"Lyander, I don't know why you keep following that witch, but she isn't our target." Colm sighed and looked over the sky as he squatted on the roof tiles.

Colm peered at Lyander's face but couldn't see beyond his hood and mask. "If you wanted to talk to her, then go and talk to her already."

Colm puckered his lips. "Though I advise against it since nothing ever good comes out with associating with witches."

Colm spat his tongue out in disgust. Then his face contorted in worry. "You better make sure that no one found out about this, or both you and she would get in trouble."

Lyander took a whiff of Trinity's scent. It was the same scent of pines in snow, and all he thought was her smile over a hot chocolate on a freezing winter night, and his chest rumbled in delight — one of the few good memories he had. In fact, the only good memories he had were when they were together when they were children.

She changed and pressed down curved lips replaced her big innocent smile. Life wasn't pleasant for the both of them. But her snowflake encrusted diamond eyes were still mesmerizing as always. She was flat before but now . . .

Lyander's silver eyes turned to slit at the fullness of her breasts and the alluring curves of her hips. Desire crossed his eyes before he shook his thoughts away.

Silver Moon pact where he and Colm belonged didn't run out of beautiful she-wolves who were just as alluring or even more than Trinity. But it was probably due to his childhood memories with her that she took special space in his heart.

Lyander bitterly smiled.

Many things have changed. For both him and her. Many years had passed that she probably even forgot about him.

It was for the best.

He was a werewolf while she was a witch. There would never be any form of relationship between them except being enemies.

Whatever she was up to, it was best not to get involved, or he'd just complicate things.

But while he was in town on a mission, it wouldn't hurt to take a look at her for the last time before he disappeared in her life forever.

Lyander briefly closed his eyes and turned his back. "Let's go."

----

A/N

Join discord server to discuss about the story, characters, possible side stories, hardcover prints, stretched goals, Covers, Character arts and more!

https://discord.com/invite/uvyHgS5bsZ

NOVEMBER Stretch Goals!

200 Collection in W. E. B. N. O. V. E. L = 10 chapters release

JOIN DISCORD for more INFO

https://discord.com/invite/uvyHgS5bsZ