CH-9 The End Of An Era

Midoriya's POVKyoka just kneeled in front of me as she asked if I was okay

Midoriya's POV
Kyoka just kneeled in front of me as she asked if I was okay. Did my mask fall off? No, she would be more shocked to see me alive. What do I say? I just tried to get up but my wound made it difficult to stand, she took off her jacket that she was wearing and gave it to me. I didn't move my hand to accept it so she just slowly moved it to cover my wound, I flinched as she placed pressure on my wound and grabbed her hand tight. She had a look of fear on her face whilst the pink girl had her hands over her mouth with tears starting to escape her eyes, I slowly released her hand as she tended to my wound.
"J-Jiro, what are you doing?" The pink girl whispered.
"Shush" Kyoka snapped back quietly. "Are you okay?" She asked me quietly.
"Why are you helping me?" I asked.
"Because you helped me" She replied.
"Thank you" I said.
"I should be thanking you" She giggled causing myself to let a little giggle out that I tried to hide.

After she wrapped her jacket around my waist to try and stop the bleeding she stumbled backwards.
"Jiro, are you okay?" The pink girl asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine..." She said weakly. I looked at Kyoka to see what was wrong to notice all of the blood dripping from her arm, a look of distress fell on my face as I realised that the entire time she was stopping me from bleeding out she was too. She fell over and I fought through the pain to catch her, I let her down onto the ground slowly as I examined the wound. I knew I had to wrap something around her arm to stop the bleeding but I didn't have anything on hand, I was panicking and looking around to try and find something to help her. Then it hit me when I looked at the pink girl. I looked away from the pink girl and took off my mask, I wrapped my mask around her arm hoping to stop the bleeding. I still had my hood up so that the pink girl couldn't see my hair, I was looking straight at Kyoka hoping that she wouldn't regain consciousness for several minutes.

After a few minutes her eyes fluttered open and she was staring me straight in the eyes as I was leaning over her, I realised that I didn't have my mask on anymore so I quickly looked away. I stood up and started to leave when I noticed something on the ground, it was her locket that I got her long ago. I picked it up carefully and walked back to her, I gently placed the locket around her neck as she stood up avoiding eye contact so that she couldn't see my face without my mask.
"T-Thank you" She thanked.
"No problem" I replied as coldly as I could which wasn't very cold. I started to walk away so that I could rejoin the league and get away from Toga's body so they wouldn't know I killed her.
"W-Where are you going?" Kyoka asked.
"You're safe, I have no reason to stay" I replied.
"Why do you care about me so much?" She questioned.
"I just do..." I replied before running away as fast as possible. I arrived at an opening where Spinner and Magne had been captured by the villains, I was about to take out some of my blades but purple portals appeared around us. I charged at the two heroes who were there so they would let go of my allies, unfortunately I wasn't able to kill any of them as we needed to get out of there. As we got through the portal we emerged in the bar of the league, I looked around to see that we were missing a few members. Toga wasn't here because I killed her, Mustard and Moonfish were also missing and unfortunately Muscular was still here. I turned around to see that Dabi had Bakugo in his hand, he wasn't trying to escape as he knew that he didn't stand a chance against all of us. He was locked into a chair with restraints but he noticed me and stared at me, I didn't have my mask on now so I tried to keep my head down but I did stare at him with pure hatred. I planned on killing him the moment he tried to escape.