CH-4 A Friend?

Jiro's POV
The first day of classes began, I hadn't really spoken to anyone though they tried. BakuBitch did keep them away every now and then which confused me, I didn't know why he was helping me be alone but I was actually grateful. I went to class before anyone else so that I wouldn't have to walk with anyone and so that I would get my choice for a seat. I sat down in the back corner of the room and stared out of the window to my left, not too long later everyone else arrived and took their seats. Mr Aizawa was late to class which annoyed me as it gave everyone else the opportunity to try and speak to me, I just kept staring out the window. From this view I could see Izuku's favourite coffee shop, we would go there at least once a week not to order coffee but just to sit down and chat. Once Mr Aizawa arrived he gave us some gym uniforms and asked us to put them on and head down to the training grounds.

In the changing room I got changed pretty quickly so that the other girls wouldn't notice my scars from cutting myself but they noticed.
"Hey Jiro, what are those scars on your arms?" Mina asked. I put on my gym top and walked away.
"None of your business" I said as I left. I went to the training ground and waited for everyone else to start the training. We were doing a quirk assessment test but for me it was just a physical ability test as my quirk was useless for all of the tests. I did my best in all of the tests and got really good scores thanks to all of my training placing myself in 7th place in the class. Mr Aizawa then told us to head back to class where we had normal lessons for the rest of the day, although most of them were just our teachers explaining what we would be doing this semester and introducing the topics.

After classes finished we went back to the dorms, I rushed up to my room as soon as I could and shut the door closed quickly. I released a breathe I didn't know I was holding and sat on my bed. Izu, I can't do this without you. I can't, I need you. Please help me. My eyes laid themselves on a blade on my desk and I grabbed it. No, I shouldn't. Izu wouldn't want this. But I can't help it. I need you here with me. I gripped the blade tight as I took of my jacket, my scars from the previous times I cut myself were right there and I hesitated. I didn't want to cut myself again but I couldn't stop myself. I brought the blade up to my arm and started cutting, blood came running down my arm more than usual. I threw the blade away to stop myself from doing anything else and curled up on the floor leaning against my bed whilst crying. When I saw the blood I couldn't help but picture Izuku's lifeless body laying down on the ground in a pool of his own blood. My breathing started to quicken and I couldn't think straight. Izu, I'm sorry. Please, I need you. Just come back to me please.
"Hey Jiro you alright? I heard someth- ARE YOU OKAY?" Mina asked as she saw me curled up on the floor crying and bleeding.
"L-Leave... M-Me... Al-Alone..." I said in between sobs.
"Nope, not going to happen. You're hurt and crying, I'm telling Mr Aizawa right now"
"Please don't" I begged as she was about to leave my room.
"Why? Tell me exactly what happened and I'll decide from there" She said with a strict tone and crossing her arms.
"O-Okay..." I stood up whilst covering my cut and picked up a picture of Izuku. "This is Izuku, I called him Izu. He was my best friend, but he died. I couldn't deal with it, it broke me... I loved him... He wanted to be a hero same as me but obviously can't anymore" I walked over to the edge of my room and picked up the blade with my blood on it. "I started cutting myself to deal with the pain. Please take it away, I don't want to do it, I just can't stop" Mina took the blade away from me.
"How did he die?" She asked whilst crying.
"He jumped off of a building" Mina just gasped at what I said.
"Why?"
"Because nobody seems to care about those who are quirkless. I was his only friend, he was my only friend"
"He was quirkless, that's why he jumped?"
"Partly, the other reason is because of All Might" I said.
"All Might? What's he got to do with it?"
"What do you think happens when the person you admire more than anyone in the world tells you that you can't become a hero?"
"Oh..."
"Now leave me alone and don't tell anyone" I pushed her out of my room and slammed the door closed behind her. I crawled back to my spot on the ground and resumed to cry.