Chapter 10

He looks at me with a face full of shock and happiness.

“Really?”

I nod and look down blushing.

“Why do you hide your face when you blush, do you not see how beautiful you are?”

Oh my gosh. I swear if he says one more thing then you’ll be able to feel the heat coming off of my cheeks, “Tyler…”

I am immediately cut off mid-sentence as Tyler leans across the table and presses his lips to mine. I kiss him back, never wanting this moment to end.

After a while we finally break apart, “I’ve always wanted to do that,” he says as he looks into my eyes.

I smile and he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers before sitting back in his chair.

“So, since what grade did it start?” Tyler asks me.

I look down and stare at my food, “Grade 7 when we went to the fare that one time and you won me that giant teddy bear.”

He smirks before replying, “I remember that. I’ve liked you since 6th grade though. It all happened so suddenly too. I just suddenly started looking at you as more than just a friend. That’s why I really wanted to win you something that time at the fare.”

“How come you let our friendship part in High School then?”

“That’s one question I’ve been asking myself all these years and I still don’t know the answer to it. I guess it’s because I thought that you didn’t like me. I can’t believe I actually let our relationship fall apart though. I’ll never forgive myself for that.”

“It’s not only your fault Tyler.”

“Yes, it is Dani.”

I squeeze his hand and smile at him, “Tyler, it’s not your fault.”

He looks at me for a while before looking down at his food. We both let go of each other’s hands and continue eating. When we finish we both wash up together then sit down on the sofa again. Tyler wraps a blanket around him, makes me sit on his lap, and then wraps his muscular arms, including the blankets, around me.

“I can’t believe you’ve liked me for this long,” I say after a few minutes.

“I know. And I can’t believe you like me back. That’s the best thing I’ve heard all day.” He smiles down at me before leaning his head down and pressing his lips against mine once again. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back, while he continues to hold me close to him. After a while we pull apart and he rests his forehead against mine. He smiles and I smile back.

“I think you should go to bed,” he says, “We’ve got school tomorrow.”

“Okay. Thank you so much Tyler.”

I walk him to the door and he kisses me and then gives me a long hug before leaving.