7. The heck

[re-publish bcs someone literally unpublish this one hahaha dang it]

Two days later, I was having my morning coffee when my phone lit up with a text notification. It was sent by Dr. Will Danger.

Will D. : What about tomorrow night's dinner?

I deliberated on my response. It would probably be beneficial for me to take advantage of Lisa's distraction. Things had improved between us since our conversation the other night. At the very least, she was no longer avoiding me. We actually drove home from Starlight's together after she performed last night. It wasn't a thrilling ride, but it was a step in the right direction. So everything was as good as it could have been.

It was my fault. I still couldn't control my feelings for her and didn't know where to draw the line. Every second of the day, I thought about her. We'd be splitting up soon, not to mention the not-insignificant matter of her committed relationship with Winter. I would never do anything on purpose to jeopardise that. But I still couldn't keep my emotions in check.

My fingers squeaked out a response to Will.

Rosé : Tomorrow night sounds fantastic! Just let me know what time you'd like.

Lisa's deep morning voice caught me off guard. "I see you created a coffee fusion."

I jumped, quickly putting the phone down.

She smirked. "Oh. Did I interfere things? You texting a guy, huh?"

"No, shit. Why would I?" I rolled my eyes to her and she snickered and just shook her head.

She gave me a suspicious look. "Liar."

I let out a nervous laugh. "Would you like some coffee?"

"Are you trying to change the subject?"

"Maybe."

"So, who was it?"

"Will."

"Doctor Danger?"