Sex, Drugs, and Rock n' Roll [an arranged marriage] Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Back to square one

I didn't know what to wear for my "date" with Vince. So, I just wore some skinny jeans and a tight black t-shirt that actually showed off my boobs. I left a note for Curtis on my door and slid down the railing in stealth mode. When I walked through the door, I saw Vince already waiting for me in his surprisingly nice car. I have to admit I don't even particularly like this guy, it's just nice to get out of the house and break the rules. "Nice car." I said as I got in and he smiled, "Thanks." and started driving away. "So, where are we going?", I asked reclining the seat a little, "The fat duck." he replied and I made my seat go back up. "Okay, I know said I didn't want to go anywhere fancy but there's a limit to what restaurants I'll go to." I explained and he laughed. "You're so cute... The fat duck is actually a really nice restaurant. It's about a forty minute drive, but it's worth it. Trust me." he smiled and I sighed and reclined my seat again. I felt my phone vibrate and it was Kyle. "Boy, are you ever in trouble when you get home." the text message read and I sighed flipping the phone open to access the keyboard. "Why is that?" I asked, knowing perfectly well what the answer was. "Because Curtis is soooo pissed off that you're with Vince right now. REALLY pissed off." he responded and I frowned at the screen of my phone. "Tell him to calm the f*ck down and mind his own goddamn business! I don't get all pissy when he's out banging some other chick!" I typed out and sent it thinking about why the hell he would be so upset. Does he really hate Vince that much?

"Why do you and Curtis not get along?" I asked and he sighed. "Old rivals I guess... It roots back to about sixth grade where he kind of, I guess, took me under his wing. I was a bit of a nerd and he helped me become more popular... Because I told him I was trying to impress this girl. This one girl I had liked for a very long time. So we spent that year building my reputation, Cutting all the nerds out of my life and replacing them with the "in-crowd" kids, getting a new style, being more athletic and social etc. Come middle school, we started dating and everything was perfect... Until I caught her and Curtis kissing in the stairway. He tried to explain, but I didn't want to hear it. I thought he was my friend and he betrayed me. Ever since then we don't quite get along." he said as we drove and I felt bad for him. "I'm sorry that happened, Vince." I said sympathetically and he shrugged with a small smile "She was a bad in bed any way.", I chuckled and sighed feeling my phone vibrate again. "He's says :"Have fun on your little date, but if you're not home before midnight, I'm kicking you out of the house"...", I rolled my eyes. "Tell him I WILL have fun on my little date and being kicked out of the house would be considered a gift to me... and add a middle finger at the end." I wrote and smiled with satisfaction, turning off my phone. "Was that Curtis?" Vince asked raising an eyebrow, "No, that was Kyle... Being a messenger for Curtis." I sighed and he chuckled. "Why does he get so defensive of you? It's not like you guys are officially dating right, you're barely ever together... At least not in a romantic way. He's always with other girls, so why does he care if we go on one date?" he asked. "That's exactly how I see this situation?! Why does he care? I really just want to rip out his piercing sometimes..." I sighed and Vince laughed. "Well, if ever you decide to actually do so, feel free to call me up so I can enjoy the show..." he said an I nodded, "Will do, Buddy... Will do."

When we got to the restaurant and sat down the place was packed. "Dear god! How did you even get a reservation here?" I asked and he shrugged. "I have my connections.". A waiter came by and escorted us to our table. I took out my iPhone and googled the place, finding that the Fat Duck was rated the best restaurant in England... and the second in the world! And you have to reserve months in advance. "Who are you connections with the Queen?! This place is so fancy, I said no where fancy! I'm so under dressed. Did you know that, that one bottle of wine here is one fiftieth of my mother's annual salary?" I said pointing to the first bottle of wine I saw on the wine list. There's no way I can afford this." he brought his finger up to my lips. "Calm down. One, my connections are with the owner. Two, this place is indeed "fancy" and I'm fully aware of what you said, I simply chose not to listen. Three, you look perfect. Four, No I did not know that. And finally, I'm the one paying so don't worry about the price." he smiled pulling his finger away and handing me a tasting menu. "Choose anything you want." he said and I sighed opening it and practically passing out at the prices. "One of these bottles of wine cost $6950!" I exclaimed in a whisper and he looked up at me amused, "Is that the one you want?" he asked and my eyes were wide. "Are you kidding me?", he shook his head and I sighed. "Fine. Whatever I'll take the wine that is more than a fifth of my mothers annual salary. No! I'll have the...", I looked up and twirled my finger around the page, stopped and looked down, "1997 Alvaro Palacios L'Ermita, which is at a much more reasonable price of... $415." I squeaked and he chuckled. "Perfect, I love Spanish wine." he smiled and I felt a little giddy. He was actually quite charming. Is this a thing with all British men?...Of course with the exception of Curtis.