Chapter 20: Here's to the Ghost.

“I’ve scheduled an emergency check up for this afternoon; I’m going to tell the guys what’s going on.” Matt said waltzing into the living room with the house phone in his hand. ‘Why did he make it an emergency appointment? There is no need for it to be an emergency. I can wait a week or so. Oh well, no going back now.’ She thought to herself plainly. After a long night of talking things through, Eliese finally came out and told Matt her greatest fears and even though he appeared calm, Matt was nervous. His mom always told him that a woman always knows her body, whether she likes it or not she knows when it’s in danger or when it’s different. And if Eliese is saying that these things have been going on for a while now, he trusts her gut.

Eliese looked at him wide eyed, sitting on the couch with a cup of decaffeinated coffee in her hands. She was suddenly struck with fear of judgment by the guys. She shook her head at him and frowned softly. Her shoulder length dark brown hair swayed with her movements, her pale brown face was made paler by her tired deep brown eyes.

“Please don’t.” She pleaded wholeheartedly, sitting cross legged on the comfortable couch. Matt paused in the middle of the room to look at her curiously. His short moderately curly hair sat messily from a sleepless night. His dark eyebrows pulled together as he stood in the middle of the living room with the house phone balancing on his fingers.

“Eliese, remember what we talked about. You need to trust me; nobody is going to judge you.” Matt knew exactly why she was asking him to hold off on telling his band mates about the pregnancy thing but they talked about trust and how they need to trust each other in order for this to work because love isn’t enough to make a relationship function.

Eliese swallowed hard and looked at Matt wearily; she was mentally trying to force herself to trust him. It’s not that she didn’t trust him, she didn’t trust the rest of the world the same way he did. But after a small war inside her head, the angels conquered the demons; Eliese nodded at him and forced a smile.

“Okay, but don’t give them details. I don’t want people to know the details until we know what’s going on.” She gave him a good excuse to not tell the guys the finer details of this situation. Matt slowly nodded at her. He knew she was still scared of being judged but this was a big step for her. If they hadn’t talked about the things they did then she’d still be hiding it away from the world. She wouldn’t even let him make an appointment for her. She’d just lie in bed and suffer. But Matt won’t let that happen, he’s going to stay by her side no matter what.

“I won’t tell them anything beyond your pregnant and we’re going to the Doctor’s today, and to ask them to watch on Emily.” Matt honestly said, solemnly swearing that he was only giving the guys restricted amounts of information. Eliese nodded at him in agreement. Matt licked his lips and dialled Jordon’s cell number. Matt left the phone on speaker as he went to side down beside Eliese on the couch.

Meanwhile, Jordon could feel his phone vibrating in his pocket; he fished it out of the front pocket of his board shorts and looked at the caller ID. He grinned and shook his head.

“Hello?” The chubby man answered after the phone rang a few times. Matt’s stomach fluttered with butterflies while Eliese’s knotted with anxiety.

“Hey, are any of the guys over there?” Matt asked, wondering if he could kill a few birds with one stone. Jordon was confused but he looked at George and Jorel as they sat at the patio table in the sunshine.

“Ugh, yeah, George and J are here.” Jordon replied, earning two confused but intrigued looks from the two other men sitting in the warmth of the sun with him. Matt smiled softly and nodded once. Eliese’s grip on the mug tightened as she became a nervous wreck. ‘They’re going to judge me. I know it; they’re going to judge me.’ She panicked mentally. But she took a deep breath and closed her eyes.