Chapter 9: Blood!

Eliese let out a flustered sigh as she raked her fingers through her hair, snagging loose knots. Papers sat in front of her on the desk, her hourly earnings and pay stubs were displayed shamefully. Eliese was one of the most requested hairdressers there; she’s put in the most hours in the year she’s been there. And it’s because of that, her hours have been cut down so other hairdressers can have a shot and earn their wages too. But they’ve cut her hours down too much and now she’s barely earning minimum wage. Do they not realize that she has a boat load of things to pay off? She has a lawyer she has to pay because Nathan didn’t comply to her demands and now they’re back in court, only this time Nathan managed to choke up the money for a lawyer so that means Eliese has to get one as well. Eliese has Emily to look after as well, and since Matty’s getting ready to go back on the road again she has to find babysitters to look after her daughter. Eliese has to pay for Emily to go to that School function as well.

But none of any of this could top the day she had. It felt her nerves shot and her on high alert. This morning an unknown number called the house and her cell phone twenty-three times. That same number then texted her some pretty nerve wrecking things.

6:15am: I saw you two together.

7:09: you two are sleeping in the same bed?

7:37: so you let him fuck you willingly but I had to force it?

7:40: I bet you liked being tied up, you sure did with me.

12:22: why didn’t you tell me you moved in with him?

12:23: you’re not going to last.

12:25: are you even together?

12:32: he’s going to cheat on you.

12:33: I can get the proof too.

12:34: he doesn’t love you.

12:35: but I do.

Eliese came to realize that her abusive ex-boyfriend was stalking her, she figured out her new number and ever since then she’s received weird phone calls and text messages. ‘How did he get the house number though?’ Eliese asked herself as she went through the questions with a fine tooth comb. Was he lurking in the neighbourhood? Was he stalking her, really? Or were his friends just telling him where she was and what she was doing so he could scare her?

Luckily Emily wasn’t home to witness this. Today was the last day before Christmas holidays, George promised Emily she could stay the night with them if she started being more social at School; Emily enjoys going to visit Ava so she did her best to make friends and although she hasn’t made friends she’s started taking music and she took up handball as a sport. Eliese is really proud of Emily for coming out of her shell a little more, there’s still a long way to go before Emily is comfortable in social situations but she’s getting there.

Eliese snapped out of her mountainous thoughts when her cell phone started ringing, she hesitated for a moment before seeing it was Matt who was calling. She sighed softly, easing her shaking hands and answered the phone call.

 “Hey you!” Eliese attempted to sound alright. Matt chuckled from behind the wheel of his car; he knew something was up with her.

“Hey, I just left the store. I’ll be at the house in ten maybe fifteen minutes.” Matt told her honestly. Eliese sighed a breath of relief and placed her hand over her chest. She was happy he was so close to home.