THIRTY-FOUR

Don't cry<3

THIRTY-FOUR
LILAH

"Grey, come on we need to go and visit daddy!" I call out for my son as I put my coat on.

His small feet patter against the wooden floor and I smile down at him gently. He looks up at me with sad eyes and I can't stop my smile from falling slowly.

This has been the same routine for three months — visiting an unconscious Ollie.

"When will daddy wake up? He's been asleep for a long time, mummy?" Greyson whispers as we walk over to Nasir's car.

The man looks just as tired as me. Ollie's like a son to him so I can't imagine how he's feeling. What I do know is that he feels defeated. Dale's parent's have got away with all this, they've managed to achieve what they wanted.

He climbs out of the car and helps Greyson into the back, placing him in his car seat. I get into the passenger side and watch as Nasir gets back in the car.

"I need to speak with you when we get to the hospital." He speaks up as he puts the car into gear before driving off.

The whole car ride to the hospital has my anxiety begin to eat away at me. What could Nasir possibly need to speak to me about? Does he know something with Ollie that I don't?!

I release a shaky breath and continue to endure the painful journey to the hospital for another twenty minutes. As soon as Nasir has parked, I don't hesitate to jump out so I can inhale a deep breath of fresh air.

Nasir carries Greyson as we walk through the hospital. We reach Ollie's room and my breath always hitches when I see his unconscious body. He looks like he's just having a peaceful sleep and that's what Greyson believes.

"Hello, daddy." Greyson beams as Nasir places him down so he can walk over to the bed.

I smile gently as he climbs onto the chair and then places his small hand on top of Ollie's.

"Lilah." I turn back to Nasir and he beckons his head to the door, so I follow him out of the room, casting one last glance to Ollie and Grey.

"What is it, Nas?" I tilt my head and watch as he hands me a large envelope.

"Ollie told me to give you this when things got bad. He had a feeling Dale's parents would try to kill either you or him, he told me if things got really bad then that would be the time for you to have this."

I look down at it with watery eyes.

"Why didn't you give this to me three months ago then?" I tilt my head at him and he bites his lip, a pained look etched on to his face.

"Because, Lilah, Ollie's chance of survival was a lot higher than it is right now." My heart falls. "The doctors have been monitoring his brain activity, it's not looking good, darling." A small sob escapes my lips and I try to muffle my cries with my hands.

Nasir helps me take a seat before I begin to cry against his shoulder.

"Your family, Lilah. I'll take care of you, you know that." Nasir tries to reassure me but I only cry harder.

I need Ollie.

We haven't gone through all of this just for me to lose him before we can really begin our lives together.

"I've got Camil looking for Dale's parents and I promise once they're found they will be dead." I stare blankly at the wall ahead of me.

"He's going to die, isn't he." I whisper and my eyes slowly close when Nasir doesn't answer my question. "Our daughter is never going to meet him." I whimper, resting my hand on my bump.

Nasir wraps his arm around my shoulder as I continue to cry for the next thirty minutes.

As soon as I've stopped crying, I build the courage to open the envelope. The first thing I see is a letter.

Lilah baby,

If you're reading this then it's probably because things have taken a turn for the worse. I'm either no longer alive or near enough there. I love you so much, baby and I know that you'll thrive in life now that you're free. I want you to know how proud I am of you but most of all I want to tell you that you're the best mother to both our children. I can only say sorry that I won't be around to meet our son or daughter but please tell them that I love them so much as well.

I'm writing this letter, Lilah, because I wanted us to move to Barbados once this was all over. I had already bought a house but plans for me have changed. I want you to move their with our children, I know you'll be safe there. I've set up an account for you and our kids, so I know you'll be secure financially. All I've ever wanted is for you to be happy, Lilah and I'm sorry that it's not with me like you probably wished.

I'm so grateful that I was able to meet you. You made me the happiest man alive. I know you'll thrive in life, you never really needed me because of how strong you already are. You're an amazing woman, Lilah, always remember that. You deserve the world. As soon as you've read this letter I need you to get straight on that plane, whether I'm alive or not. I don't want you to be here when I take my last breath, you don't need to see that. Just know that my love for you will continue to grow in my next life.

I love you, beautiful. Take care of yourself.

Ollie baby.

The tears stream down my face and the reality soon hits me.

Ollie's not going to make it.

I'm going to be alone.

"You'll be okay, Lilah. I've got you." Nasir whispers as he wraps his arms around me.

I then take another look into the large envelope to see one way tickets to Barbados but my heart shatters further when I see two gold chains at the bottom.

I pull them out with shaky hands and realise that they both belong to Ollie. One of them is slightly smaller and I know that it's for little Greyson.

The last thing I see is a small dainty gold bracelet. The tears start to stream again because I know who this one is for.

Our unborn daughter.

I look at Nasir to see his glossy eyes looking over the things in my hands.

"I can't do this without him!"

A/N
Thank you for 500k reads💕