THIRTY-TWO

*DOUBLE UPDATE*

THIRTY-TWO
OLLIE

"Can Lilah be my mummy?" My son suddenly questions me as I focus on my work.

We're currently at my office. Greyson plays with a couple toys on the floor and I smile gently. I've been trying to get him to go to school but every time I bring it up he starts to cry.

I've also noticed that he has separation anxiety. He doesn't want to be alone.

"I'll talk to her but I'm sure she won't mind." I reassure him and he nods his head and continues to play with his toys.

The time is now five in the afternoon so I have an hour before I finish work and take Greyson home. Maybe I can try and have another talk with him about starting reception.

"Grey, come here." I tell him and he stands up, picking up his bear and making his way over to me. I sit him on my lap. "Why don't you want to start school, little man?"

"I don't want to leave you and Lilah." He mumbles, burying the side of his face in my chest. "A-And no friends."

I release a small sigh and begin gently pull his head from my chest and look down at him.

"You'll make loads of friends, I'll make sure you do. You want to be a really smart boy don't you?" He frantically nods his head.

"I want to work in a spaceship." He beams and I chuckle lightly.

"Well, son, if you want to work in a spaceship you have to go to school." I tell him and his eyes widen.

"Really?" I nod my head. "I-Okay, I'll got to school." My eyes widen slightly and I raise my eyebrows.

That's all it took.

"Good boy." I ruffle his curly hair and he grins.

"When can we see, Lilah?" I check my watch.

"We'll go home in an hour, okay?"

"Okay. I really miss her." He whispers and I can't stop the smile from etching on to my face.

The past couple of weeks, Lilah and Grey have formed such a lovely bond that it makes my heart burst with joy. She's such a natural at being a mother.

"I miss her too." I whisper, resting my head back against my chair.

Lilah has gone up north for a few days for her new book. I wasn't pleased about her going alone so I told Nasir to go with her as I had to stay here for the business.

Dale is dead. I told Nasir not to go into detail because I know how sick that man can be sometimes.

My only issue now are Dale's parent's — who are still very much missing.

It puts me on edge knowing that they are out there somewhere. Every time my Lilah is by herself I can't help but think that the worst could happen if I'm not with her. The fact that she is pregnant as well does not put my mind at ease.

She's a little over a month pregnant.

However, a smile morphs onto my face. My Lilah is pregnant, with our precious child and I couldn't be any happier.

"Smiley daddy." Grey pulls me out of my thoughts and cups my face with his small hands. My smile widens and I kiss his hands before tickling his stomach — his laugh filling the office space.

"Let's go home now, I'm impatient."

•••

"Mummy, can I have a cookie." Greyson tilts his head, questioning Lilah who has just put some in the biscuit tin.

Of course she didn't mind Greyson calling her mummy, she even cried with joy.

"When you get back from school, baby." She tells him and he nods his head with a small pout on his face. "You and your father are too alike." She playfully rolls her eyes and I chuckle.

"But you love us." I speak up and she smiles, nodding her head. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, burying my face into her sweet smelling neck.

"We're still taking him together right?" I question her, wanting to experience Greyson's first day at school together.

"Of course!" She beams, picking him up and placing kisses all over his face. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." She smiles up at me and I nod, placing a kiss on both of their foreheads.

We finish up breakfast and then make our way to my car. I begin the short drive to Greyson's new school.

Since I woke up this morning I've had this weird feeling. I don't usually get anxious but today seems to be one of those days where I am.

"You okay?" Lilah places her hand on my leg and I nod.

We soon pull up outside the school, Lilah gets out first and opens the back door to let Greyson out. I step out of the car and make my way round to them.

My heart breaks when Greyson's eyes begin to water.

"Am I going to be here forever?" His lip trembles.

"No, baby. One of us will come and get you at three. You're going to come back home with mummy and daddy." I watch as my perfect girl continues to reassure our son.

Eventually Greyson walks into school. I watch proudly as he already begins to make a bunch of new friends and that eases my anxiety just a little.

"Speak to me, Ollie." Lilah says when we get back into the car.

"Lately I've been feeling really anxious. Every time I wake up I keep having this feeling in the pit of my stomach, like something bad is going to happen to you or Greyson." I admit to her and a frown etches onto her face.

"Ollie baby." She whispers and grabs hold of my face gently. "Don't bottle these feelings okay, if you need to speak to me or even Nasir, do it. Everything's going to be okay, that's what you always tell me, so I'm telling you." She smiles and I return the gesture, kissing the palm of her hand.

I release a deep breath and switch the engine on before driving off.

•••

"Can I redecorate your office?" Lilah questions and I watch her in amusement as she slowly turns around in the room, observing everything in it.

"Feel free, my love." I shake my head with a small smile on my face and continue on with my work. "I've got a meeting to attend, I'll only be about an hour. Will you be okay?"

"I'll be fine." She grins and leans up to kiss me on the cheek. "I love you, Ollie."

"I love you, Lilah." I smile and make my way out of my office.

A/N
Double Update 💕