ONE

ONE
LILAH

"Dale, I can't find my earrings." I shout from the bedroom to my husband as I rummage through my jewellery box.

I roll my eyes when I get no answer from him. He walks out of the walk in wardrobe, distracted by his phone.

I sigh and continue to find my earrings.

"Dale, did you not hear what I said? I can't find my earrings." I tell him again and he rolls his eyes.

"Well find another pair, Lilah. We're going to be late, I'm not trying to look bad in front of my new boss." He runs his hands through his blonde hair and releases a frustrated sigh.

"Dickhead." I mumble under my breath and continue my search for my earrings.

"What did you say?" My eyes widen at his question.

"I said I love you." I give him a sarcastic smile behind his back and surprise, surprise, he doesn't reciprocate those three words back. "Are you not going to say you love me back? That's usually what happens between a husband and a wife." I tilt my head and watch as Dale furrows his eyebrows at me.

"You know I love you. Why do you need me to say it all the time?" That must be a rhetorical question because he goes back to scrolling and typing through his phone. "Just hurry up. I'll wait in the car." Is the last thing he says before walking out of our bedroom, which he doesn't even sleep in anymore.

I don't even remember the last time he touched me.

I finally find my earrings and grab my bag. I take one last look in the mirror, smiling at how good I look in my black, satin midi dress.

My breasts look amazing with the plunge neckline. Shame Dale won't appreciate it. I sigh and make my way out of my bedroom and down the stairs.

I quickly grab the last of my stuff and make my outside and towards Dale's car. I climb into the passenger side and roll my eyes yet again when he drives off before I can even put my seatbelt on.

"Can you not drive so fast? You'll cause an accident one day." I huff, but he ignores me and continues to drive like a lunatic. "So what is it we're going to?"

"It's some dinner the new boss has invited us to, so he can introduce himself." I slowly nod my head. "He's taking over his father's position in the company."

Dale is a financial advisor for some business. I never really bother to ask because I'll probably end up getting a blunt answer in return.

"Didn't you apply for that position?" I give him the side eye and watch as he clenches his jaw.

"I decided not to in the end." He shrugs and I nod my head.

We arrive at some fancy looking hotel. Dale parks alongside some very expensive looking cars.

He climbs out of the car and actually makes his way to my side to open the door for me- although he makes it look like a chore more than anything else.

"Thanks." I whisper and he mutters a 'you're welcome' before grabbing my hand and leading me into the hotel.

I look around the place in awe, but I don't miss the looks from other women who more or less glare at my dress in distaste. I look down at the cleavage of my rounded breasts and then back up at the snooty women, who cling onto their husbands arms.

"You couldn't of worn something a bit less slutty?" I almost choke on my spit at my husband's question.

"Please tell me you're not being serious. I look nothing like a slut." I scoff and he just tightens his arm around my waist.

He leads us over to a table, where his colleagues sit. He doesn't hesitate to ignore me for the next half an hour as he talks with his work friends.

I excuse myself and go on the hunt for a toilet. I end up asking a waitress where it is and she points me in the direction. I make my way down a quiet corridor and then round the corner.

All I want to do is go home and get into bed but I know this is just the beginning of the night.

"Where the fuck are these toilets?" I mutter, doing a spin.

"You look a little lost?" I jump at the new voice behind me.

A deep and very sexy voice. 

I spin around and meet the brown eyes of a very attractive Middle Eastern man.

Fucking hell he's gorgeous.

Stop it Lilah. You've got a husband.

My eyes rake up his body which is clad in an expensive looking navy suit, to his deep brown eyes that stare down intensely at me. He adjusts his glasses and gives me a small smile. Overall he looks expensive, from the gold watch on his wrist to the chain around his neck which I can see from the top of his shirt where a couple of the buttons are undone.

"I am a little lost." I whisper and laugh lightly. He also chuckles lightly and I don't miss his eyes dropping to my chest. "I'm looking for the ladies."

"I'll show you." He nods his head in the direction he begins to walk in. I struggle to keep up with his long strides.

He's very tall.

"Here it is, beautiful." He points to the door of the toilets and I almost awe at the small blush that etches onto his face. "You're very beautiful. You probably already know that but I thought I'd tell you that you're beautiful because you are- fuck I'm rambling. Sorry." I watch in amusement as he literally word vomits in front of me.

"Thank you." I smile up at him and his brown eyes twinkle a little. "And thanks for showing me the toilet." I wink and turn to walk into the toilets.

I do my business and walk back out. I'm surprised to see the same man still standing outside.

"Are you okay?" He questions me and I'm left in shock.

I don't even know this man and he's asking me if I'm okay. I don't remember the last time my own husband asked if I was okay.

"I am now that I've taken a piss." I nod and he stares at me in amusement.

"You're cute." He nods and I feel my body heat up.

"I should probably go back, my husband is probably wondering where I am." I shrug, clutching the handle of my bag. His eyes fall to the ring on my finger and his face drops.

"You're married?" He looks back up at me and I nod my head.

"It was lovely meeting you." I smile and make my way back to Dale, who I spot downing a glass of champagne-probably not his first.

Looks like I'm driving home.

I sit back down and stay quiet. It's not like I know anyone here, I'm just here as Dale's plus one.

"That's him." I hear someone whisper and then I begin to watch as people's eyes move to a particular thing- or should I say a particular person.

The man who showed me the toilets. Such a gentleman.

The women eye him up and some men stare at him in envy. Dale being one of those men.

I watch with curious eyes as the man goes round greeting everyone until he reaches the table that Dale and I are sat on.

"Good evening." He politely greets everyone. "I'm Ollie." His eyes land on me and a small smirk etches onto his face.

Ollie.

A/N
What do you think?👀💕