Chapter 32

Ava could hear her heartbeat pump rapidly all the way to her ears. Suddenly she felt weird following James into the shower. Indecisively, her hand rested on the door knob to the bathroom. Don't be like that Ava, it's not like you don't already know what James looks like naked, she tried to reassure herself. One last deep breath and then she opened the door.

James had drawn the shower curtain and the steam from the hot water enveloped the small bathroom as if in mist. James didn't seem to have heard her come in through the splashing water, or he chose to simply ignore her. Ava tried to ignore her negative thoughts and instead concentrated on undressing and putting her clothes on the laundry box. Completely naked, she now stood in front of the shower curtain, still undecided. She could still just walk out of the bathroom again, she didn't have to face James yet. Her heart protested and hammered like crazy, reminding her that she didn't want a fight with James, that she wanted to be honest and open with him. If the relationship between them was going to work, Ava had to open up to him, tell him about her past. Not all at once, immediately, but in small steps. And this was one of them. And what if he doesn't even want to see me now?, she thought with an uneasy feeling in her stomach, but her negative thoughts were interrupted.

"Are you going to come in or do you want to freeze on the cold bathroom floor?", James had pulled the shower curtain aside and was looking at her questioningly. Although his gaze was cold, he looked irresistibly handsome. He had wiped his wet hair from his face and drops of water dripped evenly from the tip of his nose. His blue eyes shone through the water and in the brightly tiled bathroom like crystals in the moonlight. Any insecurity Ava had felt had evaporated and she stepped into the shower with him as if under the spell of his all-consuming radiance.

"I'm sorry for what I said to you and for being so dismissive earlier," Ava began, holding her arms close to her body, covering her breasts.

"I shouldn't have pestered you with my questions like that," James returned, his gaze softening. Then he leaned down to Ava and kissed her.

The kiss reminded her of their kiss in the rain when James had been waiting outside her flat. When everything had seemed to be hanging in the air. That seemed an eternity away to her now, even though it hadn't even been two weeks since then. So much was happening in her life right now. At the time she had been so unsure if James wanted her and what she was to him, but now, in this moment, she was sure he was hers.

"Turn around," James whispered into her ear and even though the water was hot on her body, a comforting shiver ran through her. She turned around and heard James reach for the shampoo bottle. He began shampooing her hair, massaging her head. Ava let out a pleasurable moan, his hands on her body, if only in her hair, felt electrifying.

He washed the shampoo out of her hair expertly and Ava tried not to think about how many women James had washed their hair before. She heard him reach for another shampoo bottle. The next moment she already felt his hands on her shoulders, her arms. He slowly roamed along her arms, shampooing them, and then continued to make his way to her shoulders, sliding his hands to her breasts. Under his touch, Ava's nipples hardened and she felt her whole body tense, afraid she might miss a touch of his hands. His hands pinched her hard nipples and Ava groaned and threw her head back, against James' chest.

"You like that?" he whispered in her ear and Ava just nodded.

His hands continued down her body, leaving a trail of shampoo. He ran circles over her stomach, her sides and stopped above her crotch. Ava reached for his hand and pinched it to let him know to continue. The tension, the electricity running through her body, made it impossible for her to get words out.

He obeyed her instruction and moved his hand further down to her crotch. His free hand found her breast and kneaded it firmly to Ava's delight. With a tug, he pressed Ava even tighter against his body and she could feel his erection against her hip. In agonisingly slow circles, James began to massage Ava's most sensitive spot. Her head still resting against his chest, a moan escaped her.