Chapter 7: He's Back

(This is what Macy looks like)
Macy POV
I'm still sick. But I'm getting better. I seen Carl about twice a day and we talk about what's going on.

Hershel says that I'm getting so much better that he said I could leave today. I didn't tell Carl yet because I wanted to surprise him. I'm so nice.

I was currently in my cell reading 'Insurgent' because I finished 'Divergent'. I read quickly.

"It's time," I heard someone say from outside of my cell. I looked up and saw Hershel. i nodded and smiled "Ok,".

I got up and gathered my stuff. I walked out and followed Hershel to the door that separates cell block D and cell block C.

"I'm glad you're ok," he said and I walked out and turned around facing him. "Me too," I said and walked back to cell block C.

I walked to the cell Carl and I shared before I got sick and put my bag on the top bunk.

I rushed outside and hid behind a wooden board that was against the fence. I looked at the garden and saw Carl and Rick gardening.

I snuck quietly behind Carl. Rick saw me but didn't say anything.

"Boo!" I yelled and Carl spun around and looked at me. I giant smile on his face.

He hugged me so tight I thought I was gonna break. "I'm so glad you're better," he said and pulled away.

"You guys can go up to the prison. I got it from here," Rick said and we both nodded.

We ran up to the prison and to our cell. On our way there we ran into Shelby. She was so surprised and shocked and happy. She gave me a big hug and wouldn't let go.

"Uh, Shelby you can let go now," I said laughing. "Oh, right," she said and let go.

She smiled and hugged me one more time before walking away. Carl smiled at me and we walked to our cell.

"Can you get out for a minute so I can change?" You asked him. He nodded and left, closing the curtain behind him.

I quickly changed. I put on on a black shirt that said 'School Sucks Start A Band', black shorts, a black beanie, black converse, and a black wristband.

I walked out and let him back in. He sat down on the bottom bunk and I got out my brush and brushed through my hair.

I wish orthodontists were still around because there is a wire poking my cheek and it hurts. Yes, I have braces.

"I'm so glad you're ok," Carl said. "You already said that," I giggled sitting down next to him. he smiled and nodded.

I was about to say something when Michonne and Hershel came in. "We're gonna go out and burn some walker bodies. Want to come," Michonne asked.

"No thank you," I smiled and they nodded walking away.

About two hours later the prison started to shake. Carl and I shot up and darted outside.

When we got out there we saw the Governor and a mini army with a tank and a few vehicles outside of the fence.

He was saying some crap to Rick but I didn't listen. I was too focused on Hershel and Michonne. He kidnapped them.

Rick said something that made the Governor jump off the tank ad pull out Michonne's katana and holding it up to Hershel's neck.

I heard Beth and Maggie gasp and began to quietly sob. I looked over at Daryl and noticed him passing out guns. He came up to me and handed me a M16. I nodded and nodded back.

I heard Rick saying something about living together but all I heard was a muffled conversation going on between the two. I saw the Governor starting to lift the katana away from Hershel's neck.

I thought he would give in but the one thing I heard from the conversation was the Governor say just above a whisper "Liar," and he swung back with the katana and slicing Hershel's neck.

He slowly fell to the ground and all hell broke loose. We began shooting back and forth and they started coming over the fence with the tank and vehicles following.

I was shooting when I heard a click. I was out of ammo. I ran backwards and ran and found Tyreese getting shot at. I lost Carl when we got out here. I shot both of the people shooting at him.

He nodded and we ran off we stumbled upon Lizzie, Mika, and Judith.

"We have to go," Tyreese said and we ran out of the prison and to the woods, not looking back.

It's all gone. The place I once called home. The prison is gone. My home is gone.