Lonely • Stiles •

Inspired by 'Treehouse' by Alex G

"Do not enter's written on the door way
Why can't everyone just go away
Except you
You can stay."

Y/n POV

I look at my calendar it officially has been nine years since Stiles mom passed away.

Stiles always gets in a weird mood this time of year. For obvious reasons. I quickly text Scott.

Walmart Derek 🐾

                                              Hey, do you think
Stiles will come to school?

I doubt it.
But I hope he does.

Should we talk to him?

Maybe? I don't know.
I never know how to deal
With it.

Yeah....
I'll figure something out
See you later.

Bye.
And good luck.

———

How are you supposed to convince your best friend to come to school on his moms death anniversary? I don't think this is something you can google.

After debating I decided to text him.

Mischief 🃏

Hey.
Read 7:08 am

Just wanted to let you know
I'm thinking of you, and you
Should come to school.
Might get your mind off things.
Read 7:10 am

🤍🤍🤍
Read 7:11 am

———

I sadly smile at my messages, 'read' is popping up. I stare at it hoping for a message bubble to pop up but sadly doesn't.

I go to school, I'm sitting in home room staring at the door. The bell rings and no Stiles.

I go the rest of the day dragging my feet. At lunch I talk with Scott and Lydia.

"I think we should go to his house." Lydia starts. As I poke at my food. "That's a good idea. So after school meet outside and go to his house?" They both nod their head. "See you then."

——

*knock*

It's so weird to knock on his bedroom door normally I would just walk in.

"Go away dad." We hear muffled. His voice sounded so scratchy.

"It's not your dad." Scott said walking in. His room is a mess pictures are everywhere he's in a grey shirt and blue plaid pajama pants. Tears are stained on his shirt.

"Hey buddy." Scott said inching closer. "What do you guys want?" He sat up angrily. "Why cant people realize I want to be alone! Do I have to put 'do not enter' on the door way!" Scott back up.

"We just wanted to let you know we are here for you." "I know I've gotten your texts! Why cant everyone just go away!"

We all look at each other. "If that's what you want."Lydia says shutting the door. "Y/n! Except you. You can stay." I look at him then Scott and Lydia.

"It's alright guys. See you at school tomorrow." They nod and shut the door.

"Hey stiles." "Y/n!" He puts his head in between his knees.

"Hey hey hey." I rush over and hug him.

"Im here

"Im here. Don't worry." I start playing with his hair. After sitting in silence he starts to slowly fall asleep in my lap.

I continue to play with his hair

I continue to play with his hair. Until I start to fall asleep.

"Y/n, y/n." I open my eyes to see stiles shaking me.  "Mhm?" I cuddle up closer to him. "Thank you." "For what?" "Staying with me." "Anytime." I whisper back.

Words plus bold 539