Enemy • Hawk •

🥋

Y/n POV

"Demetri we have known Eli all our lives I don't think a stupid hair cut will change anything!" I say as I shut my locker.

"Y/n you didn't see him!" Demetri complains. "Dem, listen." I stop in my tracks before we go our separate ways for class. "We know Eli, we are friends with him he won't hurt us. Now go to math class I'll see you at lunch." He nods his head and leaves.

"Good morning Mrs. Y/n." "Good morning Mr Paul." I sit in my usual seat. "Ugh your such a dork." I turn to my right. And see Eli looking dead at me.

"Sorry what Eli." "It's Hawk now!" "Hawk? Cause of that stupid blue Mohawk? What weirdo thought of that?" "My Sensei is who! Don't talk bad about him!" I now see what Demetri was talking about.

"Look Hawk I'm hear for science class which is your favorite subject so please stop talking!" "Was. My favorite. I'm cool now I dont need science." "Ok then please don't be my partner."

"Ouch so harsh." He says sarcastically in a raspy voice. Which send a shiver down my spine. "Oh, do I make you blush?" I didn't even notice the heat that popped up on m cheeks.

He lightly brushed his finger tips on my arm as I write the date on my paper.

"Would you stop it!" I shake my hand to get rid of his hand.

"Today we will be talking about chemical reactions!" Mr. Paul. "I'm have some reaction to the chemicals your producing." I look at Eli as he winks at me. Making me roll my eyes.

"Your disgusting." "You and your desk partner will be doing review work for the test that's half your grade! That's this coming Friday. So go ahead."

I turn to Eli. "We are going to study on our own." "Why?" He pouts. "Cause I can't stand you." "We used to always study together." "Your not Eli. You've changed." I open my notebook.

"Y/n?" He said. I ignored him making him huff. He poked my shoulder multiple times making me squirm.

"Eli Moskowitz stop it." I give him a glance. "Fine your no fun." He turned the other way and drew over his notes.

•••

"Hey Dem." I walked up to him after class. "Yeah?" "What's that dojo Eli goes to?" "Cobra Kai why?" "No reason." "Y/n don't you even think about it!" I started to walk around. "What am I doing." "I know you, and I know you don't stop." He runs to catch up to me as I walk out of school.

"Y/n I've met the Sensei he's crazy." "Demetri no offense but, your kinda fragile. I can handle him." I walk into the parking lot.

"Your funeral." He yells at me. "Make sure to use my playlist when I'm being buried." I yell back as I run to my moms car.

•••

"No." "Mom please!" I groan. "Your not doing karate." "Dad! Tell mom." "Sweetie we are always telling her to do things out of her comfort zone. I think it's a good opportunity." "See dad agrees with me." I point.

"Im not driving you there." She said leaning against the counter. "Is that a yes!" "Maybe." "Dad can you give me a ride?" "Sorry kid, I've got a meeting." He said shutting his office door.

"You set me up." I turned back to mom. "Whoops." "Ugh... Wait." I put on my shoes. "I'll try to be back for dinner!" I yell. "How are you getting there?" Mom yelled back. "You forgot this." I lift up my skateboard. "Y/n!" "Bye mom love you!"

•••

After what felt like thirty minutes I'm dead tired but luckily I'm here. I shake off my nerves and walk in.

"Yes Sensei!" A group of kids yelled. "Good, who are you?" He looks at me making the class turn. I swallow my nerves I notice Hawk and smirk.

"Here for class, why else would I be standing here." "This is Karate, not the scrap booking club." I roll my eyes making Eli walk up to me. "Y/n what are you doing here." He pushes me closer to the door.

"Hawk! You know her?" He sighs. "Yes Sensei." "You know karate?" "I wanna learn." "Sensei don't let her, she's like Demetri." "Who?" "The scrawny kid who was here yesterday." Miguel said. I recognize him from the first day of school.

"Let me fight your best student I'll show you that I'm not like Demetri." Hawk looked at me wide eyed.

"Let me fight Hawk." I tilted my head at the Sensei. "You know what, sure." "Sensei!" "You can join if your able to get Hawk on the ground." He looked at me with a smirk. "Sure."

I walk pass Hawk hitting his shoulder slightly. "Let's go." I stood on the mat. The Sensei pushed Hawk in front of me. His back is turned to me. "Sensei please, I don't want to fight Ahh." He yelled as I swept his leg.

I stood back up looking at the Sensei. "It looks to me he's on the ground." "He wasn't ready." He retaliated. I point to the paint on the wall. "Strike first. No mercy."

Hawk stands back up and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Y/n please don't jo-." Before he finished. I grabbed his wrist turned so my back is to him and flipped him over my shoulder.

I turned back to the Sensei

I turned back to the Sensei. As the people around cringed. "I think he was ready that time."

He nodded but in his eyes I could see he wasn't convinced yet. Hawk stood up again angrily and huffed.

"Y/n." I turn to see his hand trying to get on my shoulder again. I grabbed his wrist making his torso free. I kneed his stomach making him double over the kicked his legs out from under him, making him land slightly on his face.

"Yeah, you can join." The Sensei said flabbergasted. "Cool." "You can come back tomorrow. Miguel get her the paperwork." Miguel stood their staring at me. "Miguel!" "Right, yes Sensei." He walked into some sort of room. I bent down to look at Hawk.

"That's pay back from this morning." I lightly slapped his face making him groan back a sorry.

Words plus bold 1,062