Two Kinds Of People

"There are two kinds of people in the world." One of the tallest ladies began, pressing her blood red lips together as she turned to face the group. "Those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say-"

"Here. I. Am." The voice growled as he landed right on his feet from the deep hole in the cave's ceiling, with his cold blue eyes searching amongst the crowd of dark clothed people.

He panted, taking out the sharp daggers that were hidden in his boots and then started walking towards them. The group both scared and confused, backed slowly away from the hooded figure. None of them seemed to know who he is, not one single person... not even their instructors as they turned to look at them, but they shared the same expressions on their faces.

"Cynthia." The man's voice sharply said, the letters coming smooth off his tongue.

Black heels stepping out onto the stone, one after the one, she swallowed thickly not knowing if this was in her best interest or not. It didn't really matter either way though, did it, after all they were all doomed on this planet.

A smirk crawled it's away onto the stranger's pale face, and he looked down at both his daggers with a mischievous glint in his eyes, then looking back into hers. "You have no idea how long I have been searching for you."

In an attempt to stay strong, Cynthia cleared her throat and put a strong look on her face. "What do you want with me?"

"Nothing too great, only..." he trailed off, glancing behind her back at the crowd of shivering people, "your heart." His gloved hand jabbed into her chest, ripping out a still beating, bloody heart.

People began to scream in a split second the minute he'd done so, and while his hood was put down by his hands, the women all ran in different directions, taking their children with them as the men yelled, shouting things to each other and to their wives, their mothers, their siblings... everybody tried to get out.

But they didn't.

Wickedly laughing, the inhumane man crushed the heart into nothing but blood and guts and threw it at the dirty stone floor. Still smirking with an evil look in his blue eyes, he looked up at a few of the women and threw his daggers straight at them, not missing by an inch nor by a centimetre. Directly into their hearts, taking their very last breathes.

The magical daggers flew back into his hands as he walked without a care deeper into the cavern, continuing to kill them all, one by one, child by child and elder by elder. Not once did he flinch, wince or feel any sliver of guilt in his soul. Nothing did he feel, and that remained until he killed the very last mother, who'd attempted to outrun him.

"Pathetic." He spat, pushing the dagger into the side of her skull.

And then the stranger put his hood back up over his loose brown hair, and walked past all the lifeless bodies... the gory scene he'd made.

***

Blaine panted, continuing to work in the hot sun picking out weeds from the damp ground. The sun was beating down on him, in fact, the heat of it was to the point that it was actually quite ridiculous considering it wasn't even summer where he lived on his own... well, alone he might as well have been since his brother, Cooper, ignored him entirely.

He was out there by himself, tending to the fruits and vegetables of the farm while Cooper on the other hand, had decided he'd simply just relax inside with the air conditioning-mind you that too, was powered by Blaine's hardwork on the windmills-up high rather then help his own blood on those fields.

This was all until the sun began to be unseen and large, grey clouds filled the once blue skies. Something had certainly changed in the area all of a sudden and Blaine had noticed it, as he stood upright from where he'd been crouching and wiped away the small beads of sweat falling down his tan skin.