Chapter 38: sleepovers and cookies

"So what do we need again?" I looked down at the list in my hand.

Currently me and Dick were walking around the store. This morning I had made a batch of cookies with the last of our ingredients and that went missing in a flash. The weirdest part was that all the boys were in front of me and when I turned around they had all disappeared the only thing left was a wad of cash and a note saying to buy more ingredients.

So I had offered to go alone but Dick said something chivalrous like "ladies shouldn't go out alone in this city" and of course the others offered as well but I told them that they needed to clean. See the thing is I had made the cookies for the other Yj members as they were coming over later. Apparently being vigilantes doesn't save us from Bruce's worry so he hired the group to watch us.

I shoved a ton of butter into the cart. I knew I need to make a ton of cookies because Wally was coming and that man could eat like a cow.

"Alright, now for the eggs and we can go pay" I said as I scribbled off the butter on the list.

Dick nodded and leaned on the handle bar of the cart. "Alrighty!" We walked off to the eggs and grabbed another carton.

"Annnnnd check! Let's go pay, I'm gonna have to start this soon because there's so much that needs to be made." I started walking off as Dick followed behind. It was funny watching him walk as he leaned on the cart. He was so tall that he practically was horizontal.

I stifled my laugh as some girls stared at him as they walked by. They ran into someone as they couldn't stop staring.

"Alright hurry up, I don't need you causing any traffic accidents." I hurried him along by walking faster.

"Wait what? What do you mean!" He asked as he chased after me.

"Oh so being dense runs in the family." A familiar voice rang out behind us. I turned around to see a red headed speedster.

"Eyyyy Wally!" Dick said as he stood up and walked over giving Wally a hug.

"Heyy what's up shawty" he bit the bottom of his lip as he squinted and caressed his chin.

I rolled my eyes "I'm gonna need you to never do that again." I turned to walk away as Dick and Wally started talking behind me.

We reached the self checkout area and I was forced to do all the work as the two children talked and giggled.

Ugh kids these days.

I finished bagging everything and shoved all the bags on my arms as the two weren't paying attention. Note to self never bring Dick to the store alone. As I started to walk back to the car I heard the two running over to catch up.

"Percy let me help you!" Dick called out as he approached.

"Ohhh so now that I'm next to the car you want to help?" I sassed setting half the bags in the trunk.

"Well...I got distracted! It's all Wally's fault!" Dick pointed at Wally like a kid.

"Wha- " he continued to huff as he looked at Dick in disbelief. "I could never!" I rolled my eyes as I shoved the rest of the bags inside before closing the door.

"How about you two just get in the car and shut it? Wally you're banned from my cookies for ten minutes when they're finished, and Dick you can't lick the bowl."

They both stood there wide eyed before falling to their knees bowing before me. "No!! Please I'm sorry Percy! Please we didn't mean it!" Dick cried.

"Yeah! Plus I'm 10 minutes all the cookies will be gone!" Dick elbowed Wally who let out a small grunt.

"I don't know. I'll have to think about it." I got into the passenger seat, buckling myself in and crossing my arms. In all honesty this was really kinda funny. I held in my laughs as Dick rushed into the drivers seat and Wally practically threw himself into the backseat.