Chapter 31: Favorites

(I have to skip into the battle cause I don't really know how to start it so sorry in advance.)

I dodged another red beam that was heading my way, narrowly dodging the attack.

I looked over just in time to see an arrow shot by Artemis being turned into a ball of yarn.

This was gonna be rough. No one has been able to get through his barrier so far.

I ran back and braced my arm as I ran at the barrier before slamming into it, the force of the impact throwing me back.

I looked back over to see the cat grow to the size of a lion. It looked like a saber tooth tiger. Connor ran at it before getting knocked back, flying a few feet away. The cat continued to rush him as it came closer trying to kill him with each attempt. I ran forwards and pushed myself off the ground and onto the back of the cat. It was kinda like bull riding. The cat tried to buck me off and shake me. It was difficult to hold on but I managed to do so by grabbing a tuft of it's hair.

I suddenly heard something behind me whirr to life though I couldn't concentrate on it long before the cat tried to hit me off again. I heard various shouts from behind me and out of the corner of my eye I saw lightning hit the others sending most flying. Kaldur seemed to be doing well, the tattoos on his arms glowing.

I put my focus back on the cat, I grabbed riptide and tried to stab it but the metal seemed to go straight through it. Right, it wasn't a monster.

I threw Riptide to the side as I didn't have time to cap it again. I grabbed the small dagger at my side and put my arm up. In a swift and powerful motion I brought down the knife, lodging it deep within the back of the cat. It let out a large growl and bucked harder. It took all my strength to stay on.

I saw light grow from behind me but I didn't have time. I ripped the knife out and stabbed down again. This time I wasn't so lucky as I was thrown into a nearby tree. I fell to the ground quickly rolling to the side as the cat pounced on my previous location. I'd spent too much time on this cat.

I leaped towards the cat, grabbing one of its legs. It tried to throw me off but this time I wasn't letting go. I stabbed it's leg and it growled. I pulled the knife down spreading the wound. It fell to the side. I let go and grabbed rope from my bag. I tied its legs together and ran to the others. I watched as Zatanna, who was now wearing a completely different outfit, as well as a helmet, was shooting out a bright light. This light was being countered by Klarion's red beam, they seemed to be keeping each other preoccupied.

He dropped the beam and raised both hands up, this seemed to be strengthening his barrier. The others all ran into action and started to attack the barrier. I ran forwards, pulling all the water out of the air as I went. By the time I made it I had a good amount. I reached the barrier and forced the water against the barrier, putting all my strength into trying to push on the barrier in hopes of straining him.

It was working too as Klarion seemed to be having trouble going up against everyone's continuous attacks.

I wasn't paying attention as he seemed to have a conversation with Zatanna. Suddenly he fell to the ground as she released a beam on the barrier. He yelled out protests as the barrier fell slowly revealing him to us. She shot a cross like thing at Klarion and it caught him in a sort of prison.

"Go kid!" Kaldur yelled.

A yellow flash ran past Klarion and picked up a yellow gem from the ground.

"Catch!" Wally yelled as he threw the gem to Zatanna as she started to chant something.

Klarion snapped and called out a name. The cat, now back in it's normal form ran back to him, jumping in his arms as they retreated to a portal.

I looked around and saw the adults were now here. I couldn't stop myself as I saw Dick and Jason. The two were standing next to each other, both covering each other's back. I ripped off my mask and smiled.

I ran forwards and the two looked at me, a growing smile on Dick's face. I couldn't see Jason's face through the mask. I grabbed them both in a hug. They hugged back and I couldn't help but laugh in relief. Soon I felt two other sets of arms wrap around us, I assumed it was Tim and Damien. They joined in on my laughing as we all sat there in a giant bumbling hugging mess.

"I'm sorry J! I didn't mean what I said earlier okay? I was just upset as it had been so peaceful all day and it was dumb okay?" I said as the hug broke up.

"Percy, it's okay!" He grabbed my mask and placed it back on my face. I let out a stupid giggle. "I shouldn't have been so angry but you're Riptide!" His smile turned from one of relief to one that looked goofy and prideful. "Wait...does that mean that you took a jacket in tribute to me?"

I groaned, my smile not leaving my face. I slowly nodded and I suddenly felt arms wrap around me and I was lifted into the air while being spun around. "YOU HEAR THAT YOU GUYS! I GOT PAID TRIBUTE!! HA I AM THE FAVORITE!!" He set me down and even through my dizziness I could see the other boys looking with a mixture of betrayal and fake hurt.

"Oh come on! That one gets tribute and I don't!?" Tim asked as he pointed at Jason.

"Yeah! At least I should have some sort of tribute! I've been around the longest!" Dick protested.

Damien didn't say anything but his expression said it all.

This fight continued the whole way back to and at the manor. Even when we stopped to get Annabeth they continued their fight. Honestly though, I didn't mind. I was just glad that everyone was back in one dimension and safe. I didn't ever wanna go back to some other dimension for the rest of my life, however long that may be for. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1111 words