Chapter 30: Disappearing

Annie and I eventually made it home, the warmth and comfort of the restaurant still fresh in my mind.

I opened the door and saw Jason standing there. He looked a bit angry. Well, a bit was an understatement.

"Do you guys know what time it is?" He definitely sounded pissed.

"Annabeth go ahead." She squeezed my hand before heading for her room. " It's not that late! not to mention it's not that big a deal man! I have the right to go out and stay out, I mean come on I'm practically 18!"

"Percy, as much as you might hate it, we still have to watch over you, which means you have to follow a certain set of rules. Now I don't wanna be that person, trust me I don't, but we still get worried and you being almost 18 has nothing to do with that."

"Oooohh so when you guys disappear in the middle of the night it's completely okay if I worry but Gods forbid you feel a twinge of fear." I saw the other three brothers walk in, they really didn't pay us any mind. I turned back to the fight.

"I am an adult, I have the right to leave, you on the other hand, no matter how close to 18 you are, you are still 17 and out there it is still dangerous!" He yells back.

The other three were still standing there. "Oh it's dangerous huh? I could take you down in an instant, don't try me!"

He opened his mouth to speak but suddenly he disappeared. In cartoons I'm sure that a little plume of smoke would appear but this wasn't a cartoon. He was just gone, leaving an eerie feeling hanging in the air. 

"Jason?" My voice immediately slipped to one of worry. " I'm not sorry but that's no reason to play games like this" the other two were calling out for Dick who was also missing. "Tim, where'd they go?"

Tim looked back, he looked just as worried, if not more. We shared a mutual look. "Suit up, we're going to the cave" I yelled as I disappeared down the hall.

I rushed into my room and looked around, finally spotting a blonde on my bed. Oh thank Gods.

"Annie we gotta go, Jason and Dick just disappeared" I ran into my closet.

"Percy! What does ''disappear'' mean?!" She yelled through the door.

"Like poof, gone!" I reammerged from the room to come face to face with Annabeth. I smiled and leaned in.

She looked confused before I stopped and shoved one of my spare masks on her face.

"You're coming with me , now no time for debating let's go!" I grabbed her hand and shoved an extra jacket I had around her. As we ran she put the jacket on.

We made it downstairs just in time to see Tim and Damien, both already dressed. "Hurry up you two!"

"We're waiting on you! Now come on!" Tim, Annabeth, and I started to rush off but Damien didn't move. "YOU'RE RIPTIDE!?" He practically screeched.

"Yes! Get with the program! Now come on!" I grabbed his arm and off we went. We made our way to the Bat cave. Now I'd never been but I had heard a lot about it from Tim.

It was massive with cool memorabilia and tech everywhere. A demigods worst nightmare but an inventor's dream, practically Leo's kryptonite.

I looked over and saw the wonder in Annabeth's eyes. I suppressed the smile as my worry for Jason and Dick continued to grow.

I'm not sure how but eventually we ended up at the Yj's cave. The others were gone. Well all except for some girl who was going through the computer. Tim ran over and started tapping on the other keyboard.