Chapter 5

Chapter 5

He hadn't said anything since we left his house, well, to be truthful he hadn't said anything since Fi and Rick had left us. Normally that would be fine by me, but in this car waiting to tell my parents that I was moving to some guy's house I would even accept his words of comfort, just so I didn't have to stay wondering about all the possibilities.

I played with my fingers while he drove closer to my house and the anxiety inside me was getting even stronger, if that was even possible.

"Chase Dun... I mean, Chase, what are we going to do? What are we going to tell them?" I asked quietly still looking at my hands and playing with my fingers.

He sighed, I think he was trying to be nice to me since we were going to be living together for awhile, but I think being civilized just didn't come that naturally to him.

"I dunno, Kim, they are your parents. You can invent the story with which they will be the least angry and I'll just go along with it." He said as if every word pained him.

I take it back, his words weren't soothing at all, if anything I was even more nervous, because I just realized that my parents were going to be talking to Chase. Then he will have to answer and I don't know what made it worse the fact that my parents would be meeting Chase or the fact that Chase would be meeting my parents.

"Oh, I'm going to be sick!" I murmured while slamming my head against the car's window.

"Well then do it fast, because we're here." Chase announced making me groan.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was secretly enjoying seeing me so racked.

Without another word I took a deep breath and got out of the car and headed to the backdoor that we always left open. As predicted my parents were having dinner with Kenzie, Gus and Dec at the dinner table and as we walked in everyone turned to look at us.

Okay, Kim, think fast.

Chase Duncan grabbed my hand, I supposed to sell the little show we were putting on for my family, but that gesture was surprisingly comforting.

"Hey, Mom. Hey, dad." I said unenthusiastically and started to make up a story "I need to talk to you guys."

They looked at me and nodded carelessly, they weren't even fazed by the sight of Chase by my side. Not that they knew me and Chase's story just that they weren't the least bit surprised for me to be home with an unknown boy.

"So... This is Chase and he is my boyfriend, I mean, he has been for awhile. I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you guys! But he really wanted me come live with him and I thought it was the time that the two of you meet. So can I, please?" I asked quickly.

My parents were never the problem they were major hippies back in the day and they've been dating since their freshman year so I knew they were going to let me, but the problem was my sisters. Kenzie didn't know who Chase was but she was going to grill me just for having a boyfriend (god, I wish he was only that!) and Penny... Well, Penny was another story, she knew who Chase was and what he had done to me since she was only six years older than me the three of us shared schools during my second and third grade.

"That's so nice, bunny!" my mom smiled sweetly.

"Young love is the only true love, you hang on to him! And you, Chase, take care of my daughter!" My dad said trying to look scary, but failing miserably.

I blushed at his attempt.

"I sure will, sir." Chase said back while slipping his arm around my waist and for a second you could almost believe he was human.