Chapter 22

Chase's POV

She tried to talk to me. She did it yesterday at school and then again today, but I wasn’t having it, I don’t know if I’m ready to talk to her, I was pissed at her for not trusting me, it was like for her I would always be the little boy who pushed her down the stairs when we were eight, but I had changed, for her I had changed and she still refused to give me a real chance.

And to top it off she believed Misha over me. I was her fucking husband, God dammit!

But still she looked so sad when I walked right by her at school and it had taken all my will power not to go back and pretend like it had never happened. I needed time to think… Actually what I needed was someone to tell me what to do, because I had no idea. I didn’t want to live my life with someone who didn’t trust me, but over the past few weeks Kimberly had become my life and I didn’t really want it any other way.

But then again, no one was talking to me, because in one meeting my dad was already picking her side over mine, she had all my teammates wrapped around her little finger, my brother couldn’t stop talking about Fi, so naturally he choose her side which was Kim’s side, my grandfather always wanted a granddaughter and all my friends thought I was stupid to kiss Misha in the first place (why couldn’t they get that I didn’t do it willingly?), hell, even Ben was sort of in her side (he couldn’t stop asking me why I was at the house and not home with his aunt)!

If you haven’t guessed, I’m also a coward. After the first night I packed a bag and came back to my dad’s house. Home just didn’t seem like home when it was Kimberly free.

God, that girl had me whipped and she didn’t even know it.

Right now I was watching TV in the living room, without really watching the TV, Ben was next to me in the couch looking at me curiously.

“Why do you look so sad, Uncle Chase?” The kid asked.

“Just missing home, kiddo.” I answered sighing.

“Then, why don’t you go home?” He said in his best duh voice, which was pretty impressive for a three year old.

“Because… I guess I miss your Aunt more.” I told him the truth.

“And she isn’t home?” He asked again and I nodded “Then where is she?”

“With her sisters.” Half-truth, but I wasn’t telling a three year old about my fight with Kim.

“Is she with cousin Dec?”

“I guess she is.”

After a while Ben opened his mouth again.

“Uncle Chase?” He stayed quiet until I nodded “Why aren’t you with her?”

“I’m not sure that would be the best thing.”