Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The wedding was beautiful; Penny and Hunter both seemed so happy and so sure. That's the way I imagined a wedding, that's the way I wanted my wedding to be like, not in some Las Vegas chapel in a night when I was so drunk that I didn't even remember it.

I played with my ring again. It was on a long chain in my neck so I could easily hide it underneath my dress so people wouldn't see it, but I didn't think it was a good idea leaving a ring that probably costs more than an average sized apartment all alone in my room.

Right now it was the wedding party, but while everyone was up and dancing and probably a bit drunk, I was sitting in my place at the table where we had dinner, with Declan sleeping on my lap and wishing I had never made those shots last night. Two shots and I didn't remember one whole night, I was such a lightweight.

Declan stirred in his sleep and I quickly slipped the ring back into my dress. And just in time because Kenzie just sat down on her place.

"Come on, you're going to stay there frowning all night? Let's dance; Declan won't wake up even if there is an earthquake!"

I had the urge to punch her, she was always telling me I should live my life at its fullest, but the one time I hear her I end up screwed over. I think the universe is trying to tell me something, maybe it was something cosmically important, but at least it was telling me not to listen to Kenzie's ideas after all she was the one who met her husband, Gus, six years ago while working at hooters as a summer job.

"No, I think I'll stay here, I learned my lesson about listening to you last night." I said angrily, but at the same time trying not to make it obvious that something had went terribly wrong to me last night.

"Yeah, about last night! Where did you go? At the middle of the party you just disappeared and then when we woke up you were there!" She laughed "Tell me the truth! Did little Miss Boring go up to sleep instead of staying and partying with us?"

I guess now I was Misses Boring.

"You got me." I said and Kenzie looked proud at herself.

And I smiled at her. The fake smile was starting to make my cheeks hurt.

"I think I'm going to call it a night..." I said to her while getting up and fixing Declan on my shoulder. "I'll put him in bed."

Everyone was staying at mom and dad's for the wedding since the party and the ceremony were on the building across from their house.

"What? You can't! It's Penny's wedding!" Kenzie protested.

"I'm not feeling very well. Good night, Kenz!" I said and left.

I went home and put Dec in Kenzie's room.

I went to my own room and quickly got out of my dress, it was itchy! I got into my pajamas booty shorts and my sports bra that I wore to sleep (and don't give me that look, you never been in Utah in the summer!).

I checked my phone;

3 texts:

Unknown- Get to my house tomorrow I think I found a solution. Chase. Ps. Got your number from Fiona.Fiona- What did Chase want with your number? And don't you think on lying to me.Oh no! Fiona would never let it go! She was really stubborn and she could always tell when I was lying, so I chose not to answer her.

Kyle- Hey, where were you this Saturday? We missed you!Kyle was a friend of mine from guitar lessons, but I've been afraid that he wanted more than friendship and I was just not attracted to him in that way. But to him I answered.