Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

There’s a beat of silence before the crowd erupts into a chorus of insults and curses. The ref walks towards me in confusion, “Did you just tap out?”

I nod my head, keeping my gaze riveted on my father, whose face has blackened. He turns to the man beside him breaking my gaze. I step towards the door of the cage but Snake eyes flashes in front of me. She grips my arm pulling me toward her, “What the fuck are you doing?” she hisses. God she really was a snake.

I barely blink, “I’m leaving the cage. Let go of my hand before I break yours.” I stare her down, my anger overpowering my emotions. Noticing the severity of my voice she backs away, her glare still firmly in place.

I push my way out of the cage and into the safety of Ryan. We stumble through the crowd who are intent on shoving me from every side. I lean on my toes trying to find my father in the hordes of heads, but I can barely see two people over.

I shove against the crowd feeling hopeless, just as another hand grips my upper arm firmly. I snap my gaze up and sigh in relief as Tyler’s form comes into view. With Ryan on my right and Tyler on my left, the trip to the locker room is manageable. We step into the corridor before a guard pushes the door shut.

“Well that was unexpected.” A voice says from the far end of the corridor. His leaning against the wall, his hair sleeked back with too much gel. I freeze, one arm in Ryan’s hand and the other in Tyler’s. The man steps away from the wall and walks towards us.

Mother fucker!

It’s the asshole I knocked out in the club. Damn, it felt like ages ago. This was the douche who supposedly worked for my father’s boss. What was his name again? Oh right, Hunter something.

His eyes are cold and wicked as he looks me up and down. I almost smile as both Ryan and Tyler growl and move closer to my side.

He takes a startled step back, “Well, well, what do we have here?”

“What the fuck do you want?” Tyler growls, his tone of voice making it obvious that he knew the douche and like me, wasn’t a fan.

He sneers at Tyler, “The boss has invited you to join him in the penthouse.”

“I know my way, I’ll be there in ten.”

He chuckles, making me wince at the screeching sound, “Not you asshole. Those two.” He nods his head towards Ryan and me. I feel my heart drop.

Tyler snaps his head towards me, his eyes widening, “No.” he says plainly, but I feel his grip on my arm increase. This can’t be good.

“Like you have a choice boy.” He spits out before I watch him draw a gun from the back of his trousers and point it at us.

At this moment I have lost feeling in both my arms. I keep my eyes focused on the gun. My heart is beating at a thousand miles a minute but I school my features to give away nothing. I can only hope that I manage to do it effectively. My anger for my father however, increases by tenfold.

“Lead the way.” I say as all three heads snap to me.

I ignore both Ryan and Tyler, forcing my feet to step forward. I can barely move a centimetre forward before I’m pulled back.

I sigh, “If you both haven’t noticed, he has a gun.” I say, not bothering to lower my voice since the corridor was so quiet. I was so sure that all three of them could hear the pounding of my heart.